Chapter 7

Third POV.

Yuna couldn't be bothered with school the next day, so when she woke up in Zero's bed. She got out and went to her bedroom and went for a shower. After getting cleaned, she walked into her room to get changed into some plain black jeans with rips in the knees and a baggy jumper, it was either Zero's or Kaname's. As she was drying her hair, she heard someone enter Zero's room, assuming it was Yuki she ignored it. But a bad feeling grew in her gut as she heard shuffling. So she ran out of her bedroom and into Zero's.

Yagari was stood in front of Zero, his gun pointed at him. "Zero, fight!" That seemed to wake him up, he grabbed his old teacher's gun and moved it just before he pulled the trigger. 

"So you've decided not to wait for me to kill you?" Yagari let go of the gun. "Geez... Don't you remember? That you'd never let me regret losing my right eye to save your life. That day, you pledged an oath to me. Looking at you just now, I really thought of killing you. I don't recall saving such a spoilt kid who wants to take the easy way out. Struggle until you can't struggle anymore. You just chose a life stained with blood." He turned around, catching Yuna's eyes. "Don't try to run away... Zero."

He was walking out of the room when he stopped in front of Yuna. "You, little girl."

"What?"

"If he goes on a rampage again, you stop him. Going easy on him will only get you hurt. Unless you let him have it with a bullet, he won't stop completely. But in contrast, it's better for him that way. What you do after is all up to you."

"Then when you shot him a the pool?"

"I could have finished him off with one bullet, if I wanted to. As if I'd miss at that range. You've got to be kidding. Wouldn't happen. Zero... "that women" it seems she's still alive." Zero's eyes widened and he gasped. Yuna wondered silently who the women was, but she looked at Zero and saw him grasping his neck, as pain flooded his eyes.

"Zero... I really though you were going to die, to give up." A tear rolled down her cheek. He stood up and walked over to her, is hand raised but he lowered it after a moment of hesitation. But he walked to her side to lay his hand on her head, gently rubbing it.

"Yuna... I won't run away, so don't cry anymore." Yuna nodded and turned to face him, she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him, he returned it almost immediately.

They were at the gun range, Yuna watched Zero shoot as she cleaned her weapons. "How long are you gonna clean that sword?" Yuna looked down and realised she had been cleaning the same sword for ten minutes, sighing she pulled the pom pom and watched it transform back into a necklace.

"Well, I'm worried... If you're feeling all right now."

"Must be hard being my guardian." Zero said as he loaded the gun up.

"Ugh! Are you okay?" Yuna huffed out. In reply, all Zero did was shoot. He shot in a perfect line and Yuna awed in amazement. Zero said for Yuna to stop wearing the bandage around her neck.

"Hana would try take the Plaster away, and I don't want anyone to see the marks..." She trailed off, realising how cruel she sounded.

"Like Kaname Kuran? I guess if you had a choice of who sucks your blood you'd have preferred Kaname Kuran to me, wouldn't you?"

"Eh?" Yuna asked in shock.

"I could tell from you blood, it had that taste." He raised his fingers to touch his lips.

"You pervert. I feel as if you're looking inside me and I don't like it" Yuna reached for the door to leave, but she turned to Zero and said. "Plus, Zero, you are my choice on who I would want sucking my blood." She ran out, blushing heavily.