Chapter 12

Third POV.

Yuna sighed as she was in lesson, she lent on Yuki. The both of them were missing their other family member. Yuki had decided to make him some notes since he wasn't there, Yuna thought it was sweet, she would do the same but she was too worried. She couldn't help but miss one of the people she would risk it all for.

"When's Zero coming back?" Yuna asked as Yuki left the room, she would help Yuki catch up later.

"Oh I don't think it'll be too long. It's just that Kiryu is so eager. I'm thinking they should keep him there a bit longer." Yuna glared at him. "Later, let's go visit him." Yuna giggled and hugged her Papa. The two of them laughed.

"Did you know, Papa?" Yuna asked as she was cuddled into his side. "About Maria... About Shizuka Hio?"

"No, I'm ashamed of myself. A precious student was in danger... And I was unable to do anything."

"That's not true, Papa. You did your best and I love that about you."

Yuna was sat staring into the fountain, the gentle wave rippling her reflection. Just as she began worrying about Zero, a voice interrupted her train of thought. "Thank you for patrolling the grounds."

"Kana!" Yuna smiled at him as he was walking to her.

"Were you taking a breather?" He put a hand on her shoulder, pushing her down gently. "I heard that Kiryu was hurt. How is he?"

"Papa said there's nothing to worry about." Yuna faked a smile.

"This was something the Night lass should've taken care of. I'm sorry you got dragged into it, but..." He rubbed her cheek affectionately. "You won't let me protect you, Yuna. I think that the role would be difficult for Kiryu right now." Kaname looked straight ahead.

"Zero... saved me. I promised Zero to always protect him, but I made a stupid mistake and now he is paying for the price..." Yuna sighed in sadness.

"I see." Kaname stood up.

"Kana?"

"Don't blame yourself, Yuna. That's the least he must do." Yuna stood up and marched in front of Kaname.

"You're wrong, Kaname. He's been my protector just as much as you have. But, it isn't his role, he does this out of kindness and love, not because he has an obligation." She said while looking in his sad eyes. Kaname just gave a weak smile and began to walk off. Yuna grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers, then proceeded to cuddle into his warm chest.

His hand raised to pet her long hair, Yuna was considering cutting it, and snuggled into her. Secretly smiling, his love for the girl in front of him ever growing.

"All right get back!" Yuna and Yuki shout at the same time, the girls in front of them don't listen and push forward. Yuna and Yuki share a look off frustration and anger. The doors open and the two share a look.

Hana shoots Yuki, all of the girls go crazy and start to throw insults. Yuna glares at them, they silence almost immediately. But one of them pushed Yuna, to get to Yuki, and she goes flying. Luckily a hand goes out to catch her.

"Sorry Ka-" Yuna looks up. She screams loudly, and starts to cry. she runs up to Zero and jumps into his arms, her hands clinging to his back. He sighs and rubs her back, smiling also. She pulls back and kisses him all over his face, leaving the lips, he slightly blushes but doesn't say anything.

"Zero. Welcome home." She smiles at him and jumps down. Then shouts at the girls to leave. Yuki welcomes Zero back, and he smiles at Yuna's sister too.