Finding Emily

Feeling the bed dip I jumped up to see Jay walking to the bathroom. He noticed how fast I jumped up and whipped around

   "What the hell wrong with you ?"

      he looked so serious it sent me into a fit of laughter. " I felt the bed dip when your big ass got up. 

          " I said between giggles. He threw his shirt at me and ran into the bathroom.       

I got off the bed and hid beside the door, Jay came walking out just as I expected and I jumped on his back

   "Throw something else at me nigga."

  I scrubbed his head and he laughed trying to get me off. He threw me off his back and on to the bed I threw pillows at him as tried to pin me down.

    "Move Jay !" I screamed.

   He began tickling me "Jump on me again. Now go make me breakfast !" He laughed as I got up to go cook. I was walking down the stairs biting my lip thinking about every thing that's happened in these past few weeks

   "Jay baby ! Your morning breath hit me like damn" I sung while reaching into the refrigerator.

          He came up behind me scaring the shit out of me blowing in my face. I laughed taking out every thing I wanted to cook. In about thirty minutes All the food was done and I made out plates to sit down at the table. We sat down to eat and I told Jay I wanted to go check on Emily after breakfast. He nodded his head and we both went to get dressed. We met up in his garage and hopped in the car. Speeding off to my house I felt uneasy. I can't explain it but something just didn't sit to well with me at all. We couldn't have gotten to my condo fast enough. I reached the door and unlocked it. Walking inside with Jay I looked everywhere for Emily. I walked past the couch and red sticky liquid caught my eye, looking behind the couch there She was. My best friend, my life and the reason I woke up in the morning. Her eye was black and purple and blood was coming from her lip she was coughing aggressively and crying. I rushed to her side checking the rest of her body out.

  "Emily. Emily. Who did this to you ? Who did this Emily?" I screamed trying to keep her awake.

  Her eyes fluttered and she kept coughing. I have never been so afraid in my life. I could hear Jay calling the police in the kitchen but all I could think about was my best friend. Is this how she felt when I was overdosing on the floor ? I never want to feel this way again and I'm sure she didn't either when I was being so selfish. All that mattered was finding out who did this and making them pay.