Grandma Lelinae

A bright white light blinded me as I woke up in emptiness.  It looked like I was in a white room But something or someone was directing me to follow the bare walls. Step by step a now clear voice almost sent me into hysterics. Grandma

Lelinae.

    "Come here my child. Come to me. I've missed you honey." she flashed a warming smile.

  God I missed the little beautiful lady. I smiled as my lip shivered and I bit it as an attempt to stop the tears.

           "Grandma. I'm so sorry. I miss you so much. I love you." I didn't know what to say still In shock.

She grabbed with her shaking hand and guided to what look liked a bench. We took a seat and she fluffed out my hair looking as if she admired my beauty.

    "I know things been hard lately. But it's going to better. Take your time with things. This Jay fella looks good for your he loves you. But you have to let the weight of the world go. You'll be truly happy. I'm happy for you but you have to let the guilt go it wasn't your fault. I've forgiven your mother you have to do the same. I love you Chile. Now I have to go but I need you to me a favor my sweet child." She ran her wrinkled finger across my face.

I could tell she truly missed me and she took me into her arms again. I put my head in the crook of her neck and smelled her sweet white diamond perfume and felt her velvet soft hair which was now long Gray and a light Brown brush my cheeks. For the first time tears of joy fell from my eyes.

       "Anything grandma." I whispered as my voice cracked.

"Wake up baby girl." she whispered back.

I opened my eyes to see Jay and Emily and all the other home boys I'd grown to love also. I even seen my little short aunt. I was submerged in kisses and hugs and get wells. Emily had even bring the little angels who we're sleep of course to see me. Jay was staying the night with me. I looked over to him who had his eyes glued on me.

"You know you can get some sleep babe I'm fine." I chuckled in a raspy voice.

     "Nah. I'm okay Veah. I Just don't ever want to loose you and I can't believe that nigga hurt you but I promise he's dead to me Veah even Emily said so too. I love you Veah and I promise to always keep you safe." he hung his head low and I could tell it came from the heart.

I let everything go that night and I can say for once I'm truly happy.