The Hospital

Seeing Emily in the hospital in the state she's in was just heart breaking. Through all my bull Emily is always there to pick me up when I'm down. She's now stable but she still hasn't woken up yet, surprisingly, the babies were fine thank god. Jay has been here the entire time for me and it's very comforting. I love his company and I can say I truly trust him. The detectives are guarding the door and waiting for Emily to wake up to investigate. Emily has a black eye, busted lip and bruises everywhere. I feel so damn guilty that I wasn't there for her. I should've just texted her. I can't tell you how many times I've asked god to switch places with her. Emily is my life and I can't loose her now. I looked over at my best friend and tears welded in my eyes. Before they could fall I felt a hand wipe them away I knew it was Jay but I couldn't look up without breaking down. Jay kept rubbing my back telling me it's okay but something inside was telling me it would only get worse. I heard Emily's raspy voice and coughing I looked up to see those big exotic eyes I love finally open. She gave me a half smile and I couldn't have hugged her fast enough, I took in her wariness and intoxicating perfume I loved. I missed my best friend.

  "Emily who did this to you? Please please tell me. I swear to you we will get them." I pleaded with her.

      She looked up and down and mumbled the words I never expected to hear "Isaiah.."

  I thought I heard wrong at first but then it hit me. "What happened Em?"

        She looked up holding back tears "Isaiah called to discuss the kids. At first I was like hell no I don't want this nigga around my kids but I remembered the hell I went through not having a father. I invited him over and he got mad because I told him we could go to court for visiting rights. He argued that He didn't need a judge to tell him when he could see his kids. He shoved me and I slapped him and he attacked me." She finally broke down into tears.

  I held her as she cried and whispered it'll all be okay to her. The Dr came in and told her the babies were fine. He also told her she'd have to talk to the police but it's up to Her to press charges or not. I honestly don't give a damn if she press charges or not I'm going to find this nigga myself and make him pay.

-----

It's been about an day since Emily was discharged and I haven't let her out of my sight. She's finally 8 months and ready to pop. I been catering to her hand and foot she lucky I love her.  Jay came over and changed the locks for us and even installed a security system. Our relationship is really starting to blossom and I'm loving him more and more each day. I woke up to the beaming light of Sun hitting my light Brown skin. Rolling over in my bed I didn't even notice that Jay had stayed the night. Climbing out of bed and walking over to my dresser I pulled a bra and pantie set with a big t-shirt. My feet hurt like hell and my body is tense in areas I didn't even know could be tense. Entering my bathroom I cut on the light and blinked from how bright it was to my just awake eyes, running my bath water and dropping in some oil with body wash. I began to strip every piece of clothing off my body. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and yawning I looked at myself in the mirror. Releasing my hair from the once neat bun, I shook my hair as it fell down my shoulders. I lit all the candles around my filling bath tub I grabbed my phone turning on Pandora.  The bathtub final filled and I stepped in carefully. The water burned Alittle as it submerged my small body, it felt so good I even let out a moan of relief. I closed my eyes throwing my head back and soon drifting back to sleep. Feeling hands in my wet hair I opened my eyes to see Jay playing in my hair and singing along with Trey Songz blaring through my phone. A smile plastered across my face as I looked up at him "Goodmorning baby."

   He looked down at me and smirked"Mmm baby please don't speak. Your morning breath is killing me." he put his hand up to his lip and chuckled.

I hit his arm causing water to splash on his shirt.

          "Nigga. Please. Get out so I can get out the tub." I bit down on my lip Seeing how the wet shirt stuck to his toned body.

"Aye girl this Versace. But fine I'll get out. I seen a titty anyway." I rolled my eyes and laughed. " Boy that's a white t-shirt now get out" he left out the bathroom and I did my normal hygiene routine and got dressed. Going to check on Emily I slipped my pedicured toes into my fuzzy slippers and head towards her room. Peaking inside I seen her laying in bed with her hand on her belly and I cracked a smile. Jay came up behind me and kissed my cheek. I was staying home with Emily and Jay and his boys would go look for Isaiah. I pray they find his trifling ass but either way I'm ready for whatever comes my way.