7 ▫ Friends?

A/n: Guess who should be revising for exams.....me! But I needed to proofread this chapter and now I wanna finish some other fics I have lying around :((((( someone needs to force me to revise cos I don't wanna, psychology is ridiculously boring :((((

But anyway, enjoy this chapter, I feel like I'm dragging this fic out too much but I promise it will get interesting soon!

I'm very sorry, I have only just realised I didn't post this on Saturday when I was supposed to, it's been uploaded on Ao3 but I must've forgotten to publish it on here sowwyyy!!!!

The H/c girl made her way into the library, unsure of where to start as she stared around herself at the shelves upon shelves full of books. She cast her mind back to the other day, trying to work out where it was that Freed had looked for the books he had shown her on rune magic. Heading over to where she thought the right shelf was. Her eyes scanned over the spines of the books, holding up one of the notes for reference as she tried to spot some of the foreign symbols on one of the books.
She had no luck and moved into the next shelf however, a voice behind her startled her.
"Hey, are you alright? Can I help you find something?"
Y/n spun around in surprise and spotted a blonde girl stood before her. She recognised her from the guild but wasn't entirely sure of her name which the other mage seemed to sense.
"I'm Lucy, you're Y/n aren't you?" Y/n nodded and Lucy gave her a wide smile "I spend quite a lot of time in here, I might be able to help if you're looking for something in particular," she offered and Y/n gave a small smile in return.
"Ah, no it's okay, I don't want to bother you," The H/c girl mumbled and Lucy shook her head
"It's no problem, I've been wanting to talk to you for a couple of days now, I know Natsu has already asked to fight you," she laughed and Y/n nodded.

"I was looking for books about runes? I think, I'm not too sure if they are but I'm trying to work out what these notes say," Y/n answered, showing the piece of paper to Lucy who hummed.

"I could ask Levy if you'd like?" The blonde haired girl offered and Y/n's eyes widened

"No!" She spoke, startling Lucy "I'm sorry I just, don't want people to worry, it's something I'll be able to do on my own,"

Lucy gave her a sceptical look before approaching the H/c girl.

"I won't tell anyone. But at least let me help you. There possibly millions of books in here, it would take you forever to look through them all," Lucy began looking through one of the other shelves, adding a quick "I think you're looking in the right section though for runes,"

The two began searching in relative silence, the only noise being occasional comments when they found something that might be of use.

Soon enough, a small pile of relevant books were stacked on the table which Y/n frowned at. They still hadn't found anything that looked exactly like the symbols in the notes, only slight similarities. However, it was better than nothing. And Y/n was growing more and more curious about what the two notes said.

"So you and Freed seem pretty close huh?" Lucy asked teasingly, receiving a deadpan look from Y/n

"No. not really. I'm just staying with him until this town is sorted out and then I'm leaving the guild. getting attached to people here won't help me at all," Y/n explained and Lucy stared at her in disbelief before a grin stretched across her face.

"You should come on a mission with us, I'm sure Natsu will try to change your mind,"

Y/n stared at the blonde in disbelief before mumbling a quiet.