Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Yoongi

Police come and Brook and I provide them our statements. Hours pass and there's neither sign of Namjoon nor words that escape from Brook's mouth. Anguish engulfs me just thinking about what would have happened if I had not shown up when I did. When I arrived to find Jimin at his apartment he had told me that Namjoon had been in a rage. The broken drywall and blood stains Namjoon left behind in the apartment were only the first signs that he had been set off by something tonight. I immediately called Caroline to make sure they were fine. When she confessed to me that she had told Namjoon where my new studio is I knew exactly where he would come. Knowing that I had only just minutes earlier sent Brook this very direction ate at me. I tried calling her phone multiple times but she never answered. I look over at Brook who is now resting with one arm on the end of the couch as she lays across the brown leather sofa in my other University of Seoul shirt. Her long black hair falls over her shoulder as she rests her chin in the crook of her arm. She catches me looking at her and then grins in a way that I can only imagine being forced after what she has just went through. "Can I get you anything?" I ask again for the twenty third time. She smirks at me again and then bites her lip in worry. "Nah. Are you sure he won't be back here?" I walk over to the window and peer out for the seventy fourth time as I see a passing patrol car. "He won't be back. He knows they are looking for him and he knows it won't be good if they find him." Won't be good if I find him either. I turn back to her. She nods her head in approval and then turns her eyes back to the screen of some home improvement show displayed on the television that hangs on the wall which I know she can't be really paying attention to. "Come back over here and sit down with me then." My heart aches at how beautiful she looks just sitting there. Makeup gone from the crying and only an oversized shirt. Holy hell. I'm screwed.