Chapter 11

Clarke's P.O.V

Bellamy helped to wash all the blood away and helped me to get out of the tub. As he stood me on my feet I wobbled a little. I couldn't keep myself up, so Bellamy once again carried me back to my room.

My mum sat on the edge of the bed, her face covered in tear stains. When she saw we were back she moved over to me, wrapping her small arms around me in a hug. Bellamy sat me back down on the bed and stood further back with Kane, talking to Jackson. "I'm sorry, you didn't ask for any of this. Jackson said that you can go back to your tent tomorrow. But I am telling you now, you aren't going back to train the others for at least another 2 days. Ok?" She started going off a little, "Mum! Ok, I'll be ok. Go and sleep. You don't need this stress. I will be ok." She nodded and grabbed Kane, leaving the room. Jackson nodded to Bellamy, turning his head to give me one last look and smiled sadly.

The minute he left the room I just started at the floor blankly. "Come on then Princess, you need to sleep. You will feel better in the morning - somewhat better that is." Bellamy said coming over to my side and caressing my cheek. I moved over and laid down, Bellamy climbing in after me and throwing his arms around me. He fell asleep shortly after, but I couldn't sleep, the image of all the blood penetrating my thoughts.

After a couple hours of tossing and turning, I finally slept. But not for long. Like I had most mornings, I woke up to the sound of Octavia and Bellamy talking. "Hey Princess, you ready to go back home?" Bellamy started, kissing my head. O was holding some spare clothes for me and it looked like they had already put all of my things into my bag. She looked over at me sympathetically and wrapped her tiny arms around me, comforting me in a way I didn't know I needed comforting.

I let a lone tear slip down my face, brushing it away as I took the clothes and stood up. My legs were a little wobbly, but for the most part I could feel them again. I turned away and stripped my vest off, neglecting my bra and throwing on the top that was laid out on the bed. I started to pull my waistband down, hesitating as I didn't know if there would still be blood. I looked round to Bellamy, Octavia saw and turned around to face the door. I pulled down my bottoms and underwear, grabbing a cloth nearby to clean up the last amounts of blood on my thighs.

After I had pulled the clean trousers on and slipped on my shoes I tapped O's shoulder, making her turn around. I smiled at her -trying to mask the pain and heartache inside- and grabbed our bags. I looked back around the room one last time, stepping out into the cool hallway with Bellamy glued to my side and Octavia In front of me.

"How much do people know?" I said, my voice still hoarse. "Well I only told Octavia and Lincoln so that they could help me get you back to your tent with some nice clothes on. And O only told Raven, Jasper, Monty and Murphy." Octavia nodded to what Bellamy had said, stopping right before the main doors to outside. "And there is one other thing you need to know before coming back out there. After you went to bed last night, we had a rather surprising  visitor. The guards are watching him just outside the gates, but he is asking to talk to you. Clarke, Emerson has Murphy hostage. He said 'if Wanheda doesn't come and speak to me, then there will be another death on her hands'. We tried to get Murphy back to save you having all this pressure but, he nearly killed him." Octavia looked down at the floor, avoiding my eye-contact.

I was shocked that Emerson would come back, let alone take a hostage with him. What the hell could he want. I threw my bags down to the floor, picking up my pistol and my knife. I stormed out of the doors and towards the gates, the fresh air feeling just as elevating as last night, but not nearly as calming. "Miller, open the gates!" I shouted up to him, Bellamy running to catch up with me. "Bellamy, are you su-" Miller calls down, ignoring me completely. "THIS IS NOT DOWN TO BELLAMY! Open the god damn gates Miller!"

Miller opened the gates and I strode out into the clearing, looking around for Emerson. "Keep your guns on him at all times, but don't shoot until I give the signal." Bellamy ordered, grabbing my arm and turning me round to face him, "What's the plan Princess?" He always knew when I didn't have one, that's why he asked. "Figure out what the hell he wants, then kill him." I shrugged my shoulders, turning back to the valley and waltzing down to where Emerson was sat near the tree line. Murphy looked horrible, tied to a tree and clearly had been beaten once or twice. I picked up my pace, growing closer to the smirking Emerson who had now stood up at my presence.

"What the hell do you want Emerson?" I growled at him. He laughed, "Now now, mighty Wanheda," He mocked, "If you want your friend to go unharmed, then you are going to have to co-operate." I scoffed, "Look at him, he won't be going unharmed, you have already beaten him!" "Clarke, I am fine. Leave, go back up to camp." Murphy sounded confident, but I couldn't risk his life. "Right fine. Untie him and we will talk." "Not until you call off the King there." Emerson mocked again. "I'm not leaving her alone with you, you sick son of a bitch." Bellamy spat, "Bellamy for once please just do as he says. I'll be fine. Tell the guards not to move, and if need be then take your plan at my signal." He looked torn, but I glared him down and he gave up, helping Murphy up and walking back to camp.

Emerson started walking towards the forset, I could run back with them now and leave Emerson, but he will only terrorise more people. I follow him reluctantly, wading through the trees until he came to a stop a few minutes later. I held onto my pistol in my jacket pocket and looked questionly towards him. "So you are probably wondering why I am back, well. I am back for revenge." He said slyly. I started to back away, realising how he was clutching his gun. I started running, running back to Arkardia but a shot rung out. I fell to the ground, the world around me blurring and going black...