Chapter 16

Clarke's P.O.V

I woke up to an empty bed, the smell of burnt food burning my nostrils. I rolled out of my spot and glanced at the time. "JESUS CHRIST! WE SLEPT FOR 14 HOURS!? ITS 5am!?!?!" I shouted to myself. I knew I was tired but I didn't know I was that  tired.

I grabbed Bellamy's shirt and threw it over my head, watching as it fell halfway down my thighs.

Nobody would be seeing me like this other than Bellamy right?

I plodded into the kitchen and placed my arms around Bellamy's waist, "When it makes that smell, that means the food has burnt. And when it goes this colour," I pause to point at the black colour of the food. "Means they burnt at least 5 minutes ago!" He pouts at me, prodding the food. I laugh at his misery and take the pan away from his grasp, throwing the contents of whatever he was cooking into the bin and pouring the rest of the mixture in the pan to cook.

"Watch and learn handsome, watch and learn." I say with a little wiggle of my butt that makes him laugh. He places his hands on it and rests his chin on top of my head to watch me.

I successfully make something edible and place it on the table smiling at Bellamy, who in turn pecks my lips and sits down to eat it. Now this is the man I love.

A year later

(A/N just a few filling paragraphs till the next time frame!)

We have had 6 months of undisturbed peace and it was the best feeling in the world! We could live how we wanted to. Live in harmony with everyone else on earth.

A couple months ago my mum told me the truth about what happened on the Ark. Shortly after I had been put into confinement, she and Kane started something between them. But didn't tell anyone as they didn't want to draw attention to themselves. And that meant that they had technically been together for way over 2 years now. So, on their previous anniversary Kane finally proposed to her. I trusted him, and knew that he would be a great husband and step-father.

They planned to get married next month, keeping it small and personal. But being split chancellor there was a high chance that it wouldn't be small or personal.

Finn has been let out from prison, and since has stayed far away from most of us. None of us could complain though. We are all happy.

Another year later

Clarke's P.O.V

I woke up the same way I had for the past 2 and a half years, next to the man I loved with all my heart.

Today though, was different. Today was my 20th birthday. And Bellamy apparently, much to my demise, had a surprise for me.

"Good morning Princess, Happy Birthday." He hummed softly. I smiled and squeezed him lightly, "Thankyou handsome." He pecked the tip of my nose and slid off the bed.

I followed him into the kitchen, sitting at the table as he pulled some pre-made food out. As I looked out the window I could see Lincoln and Octavia getting ready to go out for their usual morning run.

When we had all built more cabins we brought all our friends nearby, we had our own small colony like I had always wanted. Lincoln and Octavia's cabin was closest to ours, then Murphy and Ravens (Raven finally admitted the truth to Murphy and those two have been dating now for just less than a year), Jasper had his own cabin on the other side of the river, close to Harper and Monty's.

Bellamy places the plate in front of me and slid in beside me. We ate in a comfortable silence, just watching everyone outside our window.

"So Miss Griffin, are you ready for your surprise now?" He asked after I had finished. I nodded my head slowly and watched him as he took my hands in his. "Clarke, you know me very well now and know that I don't do long speeches, so I hope that this is ok." He pauses to look at me, waiting for my approval to carry on. "Ok?" I asked rather confused.

"Clarke, I didn't like you at first and that is no secret. But from the first moment that I laid my eyes on you, I knew that I would fall in love with you. You always, and still do, proved me wrong when I called you privileged and basically told me where to shove it when you did something I couldn't. The first time that I really realised that I loved you, was just after I had killed Dax. You were the one to stop me from leaving camp and you were the one who told me that it was ok. I love you so much Clarke, more than you could ever imagine. So, the other day, and by this I mean like months ago, your mother told me that when she had been going through a safe box from your dad, she found his wedding ring. It was embedded with small gems and even I have to admit, it was really something special. And she said that I could have it, to give to you at the right time. Well, I went to the best mechanic that we have, and she said that she would make the most beautiful ring she could from your fathers. A few weeks ago she told me that she had finished it, and it is nearly as beautiful as you are Clarke. So Clarke Griffin, would you like to not only steal my heart, but steal my last name? Will you marry me?" And he got down onto one knee and pulled the ring out.

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I tackled him, "Yes!" I shouted as I kissed him over and over. He placed the ring on my finger and kissed my hand before kissing me again.

The ring was beautiful. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face as I kissed him with all the passion I had in my body. We went upstairs to our room again, sharing our love and passion we had for each other before my birthday party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We left our cabin, already hearing the music from up ahead at the party. Everyone cheered as I came into view, shouting happy birthdays etc. As I hugged all of our friends. Letting them admire the ring on my finger, everyone else oblivious as to what was going on.

Bellamy and I headed to the source of the music. I turned it down and cleared my voice as if I was ready to make a speech, and everyone turned their attention to me, "I thank you all for coming out here to celebrate this day with me, but I would also like to announce that this is no longer just some birthday party. It is also our engagement party!" I shouted grabbing Bellamy's hand a lifting it in the air, "Thankyou for coming everyone!" And with that I jumped down as various people cake over to congratulate me before heading back for Arkadia.

A few hours later there weren't many people left, so Bellamy and I headed back to our cabin, ready to spend another night in bliss...