Chapter 15

Bellamy's P.O.V

The beep of the machine dulls the pain of thinking that she was dead. "Bellamy.. She awake yet?" Octavia says as she pops her head round the hospital door.

I shake my head, grabbing hold of Clarke's hand and squeezing it, "Abby said that she isn't dead, obviously, but because her body was so fragile that fighting off possible infections and things will be hard. She said she could wake up anytime from tonight to never.." I croak out.

She puts her hand on my shoulder, "Sorry I haven't been in here since it all happened. I have been keeping myself busy so I don't break down. Unlike you..."

We look down at Clarke's weak body. She looked so much more rested than before, and she was being given liquidised foods. She actually had a layer of fat on her bones now, "At least she doesn't look so bad anymore. Let's just hope she does wake up. But I know she will. She is so strong..." Octavia breathes.

We sit in silence, the constant beep soothing our thoughts.

Octavia stays with us for about an hour, trying to convice me to leave and get some sleep, but the thought of Clarke waking up without me by her side is enough to keep me awake. "We could use your help you know. The first few cabins have been built, a dozen if that. Everyone is giving us a hand when they can. It would be good to take your mind off things." "Maybe after I know that she will be here when I come back I will, but until then I am not leaving her side."

She walkes over and kisses the top of my head softly, "Be careful Big Brother, I can't lose you too." And with that she left me alone.

My eyes start to droop, maybe all I need to do is sleep for a little while. I am not leaving her side just in case, but maybe I do need to sleep. I glance at her watch, 3:47.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bellamy..?" A voice croaks out, making me jump from my sleep.

A pair of beautiful blue eyes stare down at me, making me forget all the worry I had for her. I grab her into my arms, burying my head into her shoulder, "I am so sorry Bell. I didn't know how much longer I could cope. But now I know that it was my fault, and thanks to Octavia I have accepted that there is nothing I can do to fix it. But I can fix the present."

I stare into her eyes, watching as they pull me in like a fish to bait. I tangle my hands into her hair and kiss her, every emotion pouring out of my body as hers does the same.

"Bell, you need to eat something if you aren't leaving this room. So, here's some dinn-" Octavia's voice stopped as she kicked the door open, a big smile plastering itself over her face. "Clarke! You're awake! And smiling!" She ran over and toppled on top of Clarke, who seethed at the sudden movement, "Oh yeah, sorry." O mumbled as she stood back.

"Octavia don't be so loud!" Abby scolded from down the hall, "Bellamy has been through hell and back to save my daughter and he needs to rest. When Clarke wakes up you can shout all you want." Abby appeared in the doorway, scanning over the scene infront of her. Her eyes focus in her daughter, awake and happy beside two of the people that love her most in the world. "Scratch that! Baby!" Abby frantically walked over and embraced her daughter lightly, careful not to hurt her.

"What is the damage?" Clarke asked sheepishly. "Well, seeming as you are someone who should know where to stab to kill someone, you did a crap job. You hit your lower abdomen. Nothing crucial luckily, but you were close to spending the rest of your life with infertility." Abby checked over her vitals, smiling as she carried on, "And there was no infection to fight off either. I'd say spend the rest of tonight here and you both can have your surprise tomorrow." She smiled and gestured to the two of us. She kissed her daughters forehead and walked out of the room, leaving the both of us puzzled as to what it could be.