Chapter 17

Eugeo's POV
10th of April 2025
2pm

I arrive at my house, "Eugeo!" I look up and see Alice comes running to me. "Did you find anything?"

"A name." I say as we walk into the house.

"Who...?"

"Uh... It's a guy that, you could say, hate Kazu." After I say that, she quickly changes her face into a serious one. "His name is Sugou." I say quietly.

"Who?!"

"Sugou, Nobuyuki Sugou. It seems that he works with Kazu's parent." I say before letting out a sigh.

"Why would they do that?!" She shouts.

"Ssshh." I grab her forearms. "Don't shout." I whisper. "I don't want Mom and Dad to find out."

"Find out what, Son?" I whirl around and see Mom and Dad walking towards us.

"Mom! Dad!" I say as I failing to conceal my surprise.

"What were you talking about, Eugeo, Alice?" Mom asks.

"Uhh..." I start to have cold sweat.

"Go and tell them, Eugeo." Alice whispers as she pushes me slightly. "Or I'll tell them myself. Which one do you prefer?"

"Alright..." I take a deep breath. "Mom, Dad, there's something I should tell you." I'm sorry, Kazu. It seems I couldn't keep my promise to you...

I explain everything to them from the beginning. About Kazu was abused, a man that wanted to hurt him, and now that he's kidnapped.

After I finish explaining to them, all I can see in my parent's face is rage and fear. "I promised Kazu I won't tell anyone about this... Please, don't be mad at him..." I say. "If you want to be mad, just be mad at me." I look down to my feet.

"Eugeo." I look up. "We're not mad, not at you nor Kazuto. Though, it would've been better if you told us about it." He holds my shoulder.

"Dad..."

"I'll call a friend of mine to help to locate Kazu. I don't want you to approach Sugou or even try to find Kazuto on your own. Do I make myself clear?"

"H-Hai!" I say.

"I'll be going out then. I'll see you all later at dinner." Dad says before he walks out. "Let's keep about this to ourselves."

"Sure thing, Dad." I say.

I look at Mom who is already crying with Alice trying to calm her down. I can hear she whispers Kazu's name as she sobs. 

VZZT VZZT

I take out Kazu's phone on my trouser. I look at the name and sees Asuna's name on it. "Damn it..." I mumble quietly.

Alice looks at me, I mouth Asuna's name before I walk away to answer the call. "Kirito-kun! Why didn't you answer my text? I was so worried about you!" Asuna exclaims as soon as I hit the accept.

"Uh... Asuna, hey, it's me, Eugeo." I stutter.

"E-Eugeo? Where's Kazuto-kun?"

"A-About that... Y-You see, uh..." What should I say?!

"What is it? Is he okay?"

I don't really know what to say, just as I want to try to answer, Alice take my phone. "Mattaku (Jeez)." She mumbles before she walks away trying to explain it to Asuna. I look inside and see Mom sitting on the sofa still crying.

I can hear Alice's explanation to Asuna, but she leaves the part of the abused and who kidnapped Kazu. Thank you, Alice.

I walk nearer to her, "Don't worry, Asuna. We'll find him and the one who's behind this." I wait for her. "You'll see him again in not time."