Chapter 2

Year 2020

Kazuto sits in his office in the mansion as he studies with the teacher prepared by his parent. "Do you understand now, Kazuto?" The teacher asks.

"Yup." Kazuto says.

"Well then, I guess I'll end the class now. See you tomorrow." The teacher says as he packs his stuff and leaves the room.

After the teacher left, Kazuto continues to do his work in the table.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Kazuto, you have a guest." His mother says as she opens the door.

Kazuto walk to the door and see a man standing next to his mother. "Afternoon, Kazuto-kun." Says the man as he walks into the room.

"A-Afternoon." Kazuto says.

"Well, I'll leave you two talk, then." Midori says before she closes the door.

Kazuto just stares the man standing in front of him, "Uh, who are you?"

"Ah, yes, of course. My name is Kayaba Akihiko, nice to meet you, Kazuto-kun." Kayaba says as he offers a handshake to Kazuto.

 Kazuto accepts the offer, "N-Nice to meet you too, Kayaba-san." Kazuto says with a nervous smile.

They sit on the armchair across from Kazuto's table. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I'm working on a new project and it seems that I need a little help from you." Kayaba says.

"A project?" Kazuto asks before his glasses start to show him the articles about it. "Sword Art Online?" Kazuto asks as he reads one of the titles.

"Yes, SAO for short. I know you have an interest in technology. That's why I'm here."

"What do you need?" Kazuto asks.

Year 2022

"Thank you for helping me, Kazuto-kun." Kayaba says.

"Glad I can help." Kazuto says with a smile.

"Here, a little gift from me." Kayaba says as he gives Kazuto a box. "It's the full set for SAO. There'll be a beta test next week, I hope you'll be there."

Kazuto takes the box and put it on the table, "Thank you, Kayaba-san."

"Well, I should fly back to Japan now. Thank you for everything, Kazuto-kun." Kayaba says before he walks out from his room.

Kazuto sits on his chair as he stares at the box he just put. "SAO, huh... Sound fun for a stress reliever." Kazuto says.

Kazuto looks at a picture in his table, "It's been a while since I meet him..." Kazuto mumbles.

" Kazuto mumbles

KNOCK KNOCK

"Kazuto-sama, may I come in?"

"You can, Alex-san." Kazuto says as he takes off his glasses.