Chapter 7

On Monday, Park Jimin is in great spirits as he walks into Jeon Corp. A smile is on his face all morning, he is very happy.

His colleagues joke: "Jimin is in a good mood today, did something good happen?"

If he says he is happy from not having to eat pork liver anymore, would that sound silly? Jimin scratches his chin thoughtfully and says mysteriously. "Good things happen to those who wait."

Pork liver, he used to always have to eat all of it!

Happy until noon, Jimin clears his desk and intends to go with his colleagues to the company's cafeteria for lunch. Hahaha, grilled ribs, I have missed you.

Once the desk is cleaned and he stands up, the phone rings. Jimin smoothly answers it. It is Rose from the 22nd floor.

Jimin asks nervously: "Rose, you will not bring me lunch, will you?"

Rose says: "From now on, not anymore."

Jimin breaths out in relief and says gratefully: "That's good. I'm going to lunch now. I'll invite you out for a meal when you have time." Rose often brings lunch to him so Jimin and Rose have gotten to know each other.

"All right, we can go shopping this Sunday since I need to buy new clothes." Speaking of food and shopping, Rose becomes excited. Then she adds: "Jimin, the President told me to stop bringing you lunch, but he wants you to come up here to get it."

Thunderbolt out of the clear blue sky!

Jimin has been hit by a thunderbolt. He is being burned to a crisp. After a long silence, he hangs onto his last hope: "...... Get what?"

"Lunch."

"Rose ...... you didn't hear wrongly, right?"

"No." Rose answers confidently.

"......"

Jimin breathes in deeply, not enough, breathes in deeply again. Jimin says courageously: "Rose, can you connect me to the President?"

"Well, hold on, let me check first." After awhile, Rose says: "I'm connecting you."

The company's generic waiting music comes on. Jimin clenches the phone. Although he has met him two times, this is his first time speaking to him at the company, very nerve-wrecking.

After one minute, the other side answers the phone. JK's deep voice is heard: "Hello."

"President , I ...... I'm Park Jimin."

"Umm, what is it?"

Jimin vaguely hears the sound of shuffling papers, guesses he is working in his office so he quickly makes the long story short: "President, about lunch, Miss Yura said ......"

"About lunch." JK interrupts. "Mr Park, I think I told my secretary to stop bringing you lunch."

Yes, yes. Jimin is excited. Big Boss has finally seen the light, he will never give him food anymore, ah ......

"From now on, you have to come up here to get it."

Without waiting for his answer, Big Boss hangs up the phone.

------

On the other end of the phone in the Finance Department on the lower floor, Jimin freezes into a statue with a phone in his hand.

His colleagues urge: "Park Jimin, didn't you say you're going to lunch with us? Are you coming or not?"

"You guys go ahead." Jimin puts the phone down and smiles back his colleagues as if in a daze.