chapter 12

Dani read the first 3 words and began to cry again, realizing she still had tears to cry. The words that tore her apart, because Rose wrote it about her.

Dearly beloved Dani

Words that what so painful to hear, let alone read.

I can't wait, and I mean this. I can't wait to marry you. Let alone carry your child. I know we'll be good parents.

Dani paused and sobbed more. Our kid is dead. Oh god. Thoughts ran through her head and she read the next sentence.

Just know that I love you. Always and forever, and don't forget. Nothing can ever separate us, ever!

And then it killed her more. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Death do us part right? You're dead, and its killing me. Her mind raced and tears ran down her face more. She set the book down, she wasn't ready. She wasn't ready to read what she wrote about her. She wasn't ready for any of it. It was all heart break for her. She cried some more as she stared at the picture of them as kids, and went to her room. She was tired but she couldn't sleep. Hours passed and she couldn't bring herself to stop crying. Another couple of hours passed and she cried herself to sleep and she dreamt of Rose, a memory more likely.
Rose laughed.
"Cmon it'll be fun. Just follow my lead baby."
Dani laughed and blushed a bit.
"Babe cmon. This is embarrassing. I can't dance. You know that."
Rose got up out of the bed and took Dani along with her. She played the song "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley and stared at Dani as she took steps closer. She whispered softly but loud enough for Dani to hear.
"Just follow my lead baby. Here. Put your arms around my hips and I'll put mine on your neck. Find the rhythm of the music in your body and just dance."
Dani blushed harder and stared at her. She found the rhythm in the song and danced, but at the same time she followed the movement of Rose's feet and body. They swayed lightly and Dani kissed her.
"I love you Rose Reed."
"I love you too Danielle Brown."
The rhythm of the music swayed there bodies, then they stopped. The words of the song came out of Rose's mouth, a sweet melody to Dani's ears.
"But I, cant, help, falling in love, with you."
And for a whole moment they stared at each other. Each feeling a sense of bliss, and a warm feeling in their chests. The butterflies in the their stomachs, the thoughts that ran crazily in their minds. They loved it. They stood still, not saying a word because their eyes said it all, repeating over and over, "I love you." Its true they were in love. Dani leaned in for a kiss after what seemed like forever she kissed her.
Dani woke up suddenly and sat up.
"No no no no. Not now. Please."
Her eyes weld up with more tears and she cried some more. This time, she didn't cry herself to sleep. She couldn't.