chapter 28

Erin lightly pulled away.
"Then why were you trying to forget me Dani? You're over here trying to hit up other girls. Why."
Erin's voice was a soft whisper, her cheeks red, her eyes weld up with tears, her nose stuffy.
"Because I nearly died Rose, you saw me laying in that hospital bed. I literally had a heart attack, all for stressing over your death. I didn't wanna stress again."
Dani held Erin's cheek and wiped her tears.
"I had to try to move on , do you see how much I suffered from missing you? I lost weight, I couldn't sleep, because of how much I cried endless nights for you. And guess what? That's only half of everything that I suffered."
"I'm sorry Dani. I didn't realize this went on. I was doubting that you loved me. Our love was so perfect, I don't understand how it was so perfect."
"Its ok Rose, don't apologize. Its all on me, I should've never let you go, you guys were drunk and I should have not said yes. I'm sorry, this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for me. I'm so sorry."
Dani sat down next to her, with tears rolling down her cheeks and stared at the dried blood on Erin's wrist.
"Let me continue cleaning this."
Dani took the rag and began to clean the blood off of her wrist, without touching the cuts.
"Dani... Its not you I should've never asked to go. I should've stayed with you."
Dani looked up at her, then began to clean the cuts, brushing the rag on her skin softly, so it wouldn't hurt.
"You were drunk though, its ok. Its not on you."
Erin continually winced and tried to pull her arm away, but Dani held her hand in place.
"Don't you ever cut again. Promise me."
"I promise Dani."
Dani finished up cleaning the cuts and kissed her forehead lightly, leaving Erin blushing hard. She stood up and sat on Dani's lap, burying her head in her neck. Also putting her weight on Dani, causing her lay back on the couch.
"I love you Danielle Brown."
She whispered against Dani's neck.
"I love you too Rose Reed."