chapter 30

*hella big warning this scene is gruesome so if you're sensitive to this kinda stuff then skip this chapter*

Dani wiped Erin's tears, as she cleared her throat.
"As soon as we left we got into the car, and we were just laughing so much. After about a couple of minutes of us laughing we ran a red light, and there was a truck in front of us. I told Stephanie, and she tried to swerve but it was too late. I hit my head hard on the dashboard, then when I woke up I realized that the car was carrying poles. Then I remember feeling this sharp, intense pain in my stomach, only to look down to see a metal pole right through my stomach."
She extended her hand and touched the right side of Dani's stomach.
"Right there. And there was so much blood. I cried so much, and I couldn't bare to look at Stephanie, since she hadn't made a noise, and I knew she was instantly killed. I saw 2 other poles on her side, and I couldn't bring myself to look at the gruesome scene. The truck in front of us had flipped when she tried to swerve. I looked around me to see that cars stopped and people were screaming 'call the cops.' And I was screaming your name, Dani. Over and over. Screaming that I loved you, and I knew at that point, that my life was ending. Memories began to flood back, and I remembered the party, and seeing you. Every memory of us passed my mind before I died, like a movie. Then, instead of crying because I was dying, I began to cry because I knew I would never see you again. I needed you at that moment. I wanted nothing more than to see you again, one last time, and I knew I couldn't. Then I remembered our baby-"
Erin stopped for a moment. Her voice broke and she began to cry harder.
"D-dani... I-i really wanted to be a m-mother. I wanted to have your k-kid. I-it all h-hurts so much."
Dani wiped her tears and began to cry as well.
"I know it does baby. I know."
Dani pulled her closer and rocked her back and forth slowly, causing Erin to slowly cease her crying. She began to close her eyes, and focused on Dani's rocking, and with that she was asleep.