chapter 16

Dani opened the notebook and read the rest of the first page

No one else has read this notebook. My mother knows about it but she's not allowed to read it. This is for you only babe. She doesn't know about the baby, I don't wanna disappoint her. But I love you, and everyday for the past month I've been pregnant, I could only think about becoming a mother to your kid. And that would be amazing. I love you Danielle Brown. With every beat of my heart.

Dani set the book down and cried more. It hurt, it stung. A sharp burning sensation took over her chest she stumbled across the dining room and walked towards her door. She opened the door walked towards Erin's house, tears running down her face. She needed to be comforted. She knocked again, no response. She knocked harder and pressed her head against her door.
"Erin please. I need you right now."
Her voice softened into a whisper and more tears rolled down her face.
"Please. Open the door. Erin... Come back please."
She sobbed and her breath became heavier. She was no longer talking about Erin, Rose came to her mind and she said "come back please." Dani heard Erin unlock the door and took her head off the door. Erin, wearing a navy blue long sleeve sniffed lightly from the crying and wiped her nose with her wrist near where she cut.
"Dani..."
Erin hugged her tightly and Dani stooped her head down to Erin's shoulder. She cried and collapsed into her arms. Erin walked backwards and pulled Dani along. Dani still crying, followed her.
"Come in. Let's go on the couch. Its gonna be ok. I got you. I'm here."
Dani walked in and sat on her couch, although Erin didn't. Erin stood in front of her as she sat on her couch. Dani pressed her head against Erin's stomach and continued to cry. Erin also cried and entangled her hand in Dani's hair, while holding the edge of her sleeve in her palm. With her left hand Erin wiped her tears and hid her face from Dani. The both of them cried. Dani wrapped her arms around Erin's waist with her ear on her stomach. She heard Erin's heartbeat through the pulse of her stomach and thought of Rose when she was pregnant. Erin sat down and Dani layer on her laps. After hours of crying Dani cried herself to sleep, and Erin stocked her hair softly while she whispered softly.
"Dani I'm here. Why can't you see it?"
And after a couple of minutes she fell asleep. Dani sleeping on her laps sound asleep, with Erin on the couch, with her hand in Dani's hair and her head laying back on the couch. Both of them hurting, both of them giving each other comfort.