chapter 27

Dani held her hand up to her mouth after she realized her mistake. She was standing right there in front of her the whole time. Tears still streaming down her face, blurring her view, she realized her grief was getting in the way. Dani picked up the red notebook and the picture frame, and headed for the door. She opened her door and walked towards Erin's house.
"Erin, I'm sorry. I didn't believe you and... I'm sorry, just please open the door."
Dani's voice was a soft whisper, she was at the verge of tears once more.
"Rose."
Erin woke up, and opened the door, forgetting that there was blood on her wrist. As soon as Dani saw her, she embraced her, tears flowing.
"I'm sorry, I should've believed you."
Erin knew that she had finally believed, so she cried in her arms as well.
"Its ok. What made you change your?"
"The notebook. I knew no one but me you and your mom knew about it. Wait.. Rose."
Dani knelt down and took a hold of her wrist, staring at the dried blood.
"We agreed you wouldn't do this. My god, Rose."
Erin shied away, pulling her arm away softly from Dani's grasp.
"I-i didn't know you'd be back... I'm sorry."
She wiped her tears with her shirt, while Dani hugged her, with Erin's arms on Dani's chest.
"I'm back, and I'm so sorry. You're better than this Rose. Here let's go to my house."
Dani carried her in a bridal style and took her into her house. Once they were inside, she set Erin down on her couch and kissed her wrist, not caring about the dried blood, but making sure she didn't hit the cuts.
"Don't ever do that again. Let me clean the blood off I'll be right back."
Dani walked into one of her closets, taking out a dry rag, along with some rubbing alcohol and came back, kneeling down in front of Erin. She poured the alcohol on the rag, and leaned it. She wanted to kiss her, but only stayed an inch away from her face.
"I missed you... 3 months without you Rose. That was the worse time of my life. Then finding out you were dead. I cried so much for you."
Saying all of that sent the both of them crying, but Dani caught Erin's tears and kissed her lightly.
"Come here."
Dani pulled Erin closer into a hug, them sat on the couch with Erin laying on her laps.
"I was afraid I was going to lose you Dani. I didn't want to lose you, the way you lost me."
"I'm so sorry I didn't believe you. I promise you right here right now. You'll never lose me again. I'll always be here for you."