chapter 17

Erin woke up and saw Dani still asleep. She stroked her hair again and whispered but a bit loudly since the house was completely quiet.
"Dani. Wake up. Its..."
She checked the time on her phone and gasped.
"9:16 PM. Dani."
Dani woke up and stretched. She stood up and muttered.
"Oh shit."
Dani still had this dizzy feeling in her head and the pain in her chest became more intense. Her right arm began to hurt. Nothing ran through her mind at that point in time, not even Rose. Dani put her left hand on her heart and collapsed to the floor as she took a step forward. Erin ran to her and knelt near her body and quickly checked her pulse.
"Dani! No please no! God..."
Her voice became a whisper as she began to sob over her unconscious body.
"Wake up. Dani. Please. I need you."
She pulled out her phone and called the cops as she felt Dani's pulse.
"Oh thank god you're alive."
The operator answered.
"911 what's your emergency?"
"Yes? My friend she.. She passed out in front of me.. She still has a pulse, please I think she had a heart attack. Come quickly."
"Alright ma'am calm down. Its gonna be ok we have an ambulance rushing over there. Can you tell me your name?"
Erin went quiet for a second. My name? I don't know anymore. The operator asked again.
"Ma'am your name?"
"Oh... Erin."
"And the name of your friend?"
"Danielle... Danielle Brown."
"Oh ok well try to calm down Erin the ambulance is on there way, we coordinated your location from the call. They will be there in a minute. For now just stay on the phone with me Erin."
Erin nodded her head and cried as she looked at Dani's unconscious body. Please no. Dani. Wake up. Get up. Please I can't beg you enough.
"Ma'am?"
Erin cleared her throat so she didn't sound like she was crying but her words still came out in a low croak.
"Yes?"
"The ambulance should be there Erin."
"Ok ok thank you ma'am. I appreciate it."
"Don't mention it."
The paramedics knocked on Erin's door and she quickly opened it. 3 paramedics speed walked into the house with a stretcher. 2 of the paramedics carried Dani unto the stretcher and the other rolled her into the ambulance truck.
"Wait..."
One of the paramedics turned around.
"Yes ma'am?"
"Can I ride along? Please?"
"Sure, you have to give us details of what happened anyways."
"Thank you sir."
Erin got into the car and the paramedics asked her some questions.
"What happened? Start from the beginning and please, don't leave out details."
Erin blushed hard and began to tear up.
"We were at home and she came over and we... We were crying all day, we went to sleep and I woke her up. She got up, she put her left hand on her heart and fell on the ground."
"Was she stressed or depressed or suicidal?"
"Um.. She recently went through a loss. The love of her life. So yeah she's been depressed."
"That explains it. She's been stressing out from her depression. Anything else? She taking drugs?"
"No sir. Not that I know of. She's been losing weight since I last saw her."
"Ok thank you. What did you say your name was again?"
"Erin."
"Thank you Erin."
"Yeah. Anything to save her life of course."
The paramedics were sticking needles into Dani's arm. They finally arrived at the hospital and Erin got out first, then they wheeled Dani out. They took her to a room and connected all sorts of tubes into her to help her breathe. And after an hour she gained consciousness.