chapter 24

Dani didn't look at her, instead she looked at the ground. The memories of Rose started the flooding back. Dani felt empty. She stared at the floor as though she didn't have any emotions. She leaned her back against the wall and didn't pay any attention to Erin.
"We were going to have a baby."
Dani looked up at the wall, snapping back to reality.
"Hm? Repeat that again?"
"We were gonna have a baby"
She shook her head and scoffed as she shrugged.
"Anyone could've told you about that. What gender?"
"I didn't make it that far into the pregnancy."
"Mmm."
"What's your mother's name?"
"Elizabeth Melissa Reed."
"Your birthday?"
"January 9th."
"Year?"
"2002."
Dani scoffed again in disbelief, in anger, and pain.
"Anyone could've told you that. You could've asked the doctors for Rose's records, then asked around for the person closest to her, found me, manipulated me into liking you, then casually fucked me. So, no. I don't believe you. Tell me something only she would know, if you are really her."
Erin's eyes weld up with tears and they fell down her cheek. She wiped them and inhaled deeply, not trying to show her pain that Dani was causing.
"God you know what? You're so damn stubborn Danielle! You're asking to see me, now that you do see me, you wanna forget all about me. Fucking other girls you barely know. You just met me, I mean. You just met Erin, and you're already fucking her. I could walk away from all of this, but I choose not to, because I love you, and I wanna prove its me, so would you just listen, for once in your life?"
Dani's knees became heavy, and she couldn't support the weight of her own body. She collapsed to the floor with the wall still supporting her back. Tears ran down her face and she his her face in her arms.
"Dani... I'm sorry. Is this too much?"
Dani didn't dare to look up, she kept sobbing, with her head between her arms.
"I don't believe you, and what you did to Rose was unforgivable. Then you come into my life, claim to be her, when you know damn well you killed her. You come here, manipulate me, we casually have sex-"
Dani wiped her tears and stood up, no remorse to anything she was saying.
"And now that I realize it Erin, you didn't apologize when we first met. Why is that?"
Erin opened her mouth to speak, but Dani continued speaking.
"Did you even feel bad about running into her? You seem like you don't feel any fucking guilt. So tell me Rose Reed. Are you really Rose?"
Erin looked at Dani with tears in her eyes. Why Dani? God just look at me, I'm standing right fucking here. Just look at me for a second Danielle Brown, god dammit.
"N-no its not what you think. It's not like that. P-please Dani you gotta believe me."
Dani shook her head and headed for the door.
"Well. I don't. Good bye Erin. It wasn't nice meeting you."
She opened the door and walked out of Erin's house, leaving her in tears.