Chpater 21

"Keep her strapped down. We don't want her burnin' the place down, now do we?" A voice shouts in the backround. I open my eyes and look down at my wrists immediately. Restraints keep my wrists strapped to the metal chair I'm sitting in. I look further down and see my ankles strapped as well. I look back up again to see Loki. Thank God. Someone I know. I sigh in relief until his slender fingers wrap their way around my neck. I look up at him in disbelief as he begins to choke me. I struggle against the restraints as the loss of air is starting to overwhelm me.

I watch him smirk as his grip tightens. I can feel liquid dripping from my fingers. "No..." I struggle out. "I c-can't" I force the words out. "Hurt you!" My wrists are free and Loki is stumbling back holding his own hands as a green liquid burns through the flesh on his hands. He cries out in pain. I press the tips of my fingers to the cuffs holding my ankles. I jump out of my seat and rush over to Loki. "No. No, no, no. I told you to stay away." I can feel the tears brimming at my eyes. I reach out for his hands but retract when I see him flinch.

"Get away from me, witch!" I flinch at the words I look up at him with hurt in my eyes. "You monster. You could have killed me!" I stumble back and fall backwards as I make contact with the metal chair. I hold my hand up to my lips. The poison drips off of my lips and chin into my lap. "How do I make this stop?!" He shouts.

"You can't." I mutter behind my hand. My eyes are wide as I stare at the man in front of me who is slowly dying. Yes, dying. The poison will soon get into his bloodstream and then nothing can stop it from killing every organ, finishing with the brain. He'll be dead in three hours tops.

The tears spill over my eyes at the thought of lossing my bestfriend. A cry escapes my lips. My other hand wraps around my waist before the next one repeats the same pattern and I double over; the tears streaming down my face and the sobs echo throughout the room. "I can't stop this- this- this torture?!" I shake my head as more tears fall down my face. "What do you have to cry for?! I'm the one dying!" He shouts and stands up, coming closer to me. He stands right in front of me. "You are worthless. You could never help anyone with this curse. And now you're killing me." He spits in my face. I cry even louder at the realization. Then, everything stops. I look up and see a cloud of purple that mists over Loki's eyes. I look at him curiously. "Robbin? Do you not know you could never hurt me?" His voice is soft. What did I just do? "You'll never kill me." No, this isn't. It can't be a hallucination poison, could it? I watch as he turns to the side and gives the air a large hug. "Robbin, meet my brother, Thor. Thor, meet my best friend, Robbin." There's no one there. He pats the air, stopping like a real person is there.

More tears spill over my cheeks at the fact that I just made him hallucinate his own brother. Made him halluciante he isn't poisoned. I cry even louder as I fall to my knees, off of the metal chair. The floor feels cool under my kness that are thinly clothed. "Robbin, what is the matter? Why do you cry?" I close my eyes tightly as Loki rests his hands on my shoulders. Finally he stops moving.

I look up and see him coated in a thin layer of ice. "Loki. Loki, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I sob as I wrap my arms around his body encased in ice. I sob into his shoulder until everything around me disappears.

I look up at the ceiling of the room. My chest rises and falls radiply with every breath that I can see in the room. Wait, I can see it? I quickly sit up and look around the room. Thin sheets of ice decorate each wall from floor to ceiling. My breath comes out in little puffs of white. I look down at my hands and see them covered in a blue gooey substance. My eyebrows crinkle together and I pull my hands to my chest. They're freezing! I place a hand on the mattress and it immediately freezes over. I put a small amount of weight on my hand and the mattress collapses, taking me down with it.

A small yelp escapes my lips at the sudden movement. I shiver at the coldness of the floor. I rub my hands on my arms, but that doesn't help, obviously. I stand up and walk around the room, touching each wall. I come to the door and see the handle frozen. I kick the door and it goes flying down the stairs in front of it, hiting the floor in front of a little girl with a winter coat on. She looks up at me and screams, which evoks the sound of multiple footsteps that come flying in her direction. I run down the stairs quickly and run out the door next to the little girl. Take notice, I have on a thin stip of bandages that wraps around my torso and my leather pants have holes in them.

I sprint across the field in front of me leaving a trail of dying grass behind me. I run into the protection of the woods. I keep running until I make it into a clearing. The sun shines down into it. I relish in the feeling of the soft grass underneath my bare feet. I think the episode is over. I plop down on the ground with a thud. My hair flops messily over my shoulders. My breathing is heavy as I close my eyes and listen to the nature around me. I need to get out of here. I open my eyes and look around. I walk lazily over to a tree and break the branch. I take a nearby rock and sharpen the edge until it's ready for use.

I walk with determination in my step until I make it back to Clint's home. I crawl through a window and stealthily walk aroun the room until I hear a voice I thought I'd never hear again. "Will you be able to come on a mission soon, Clint? Fury needs you." I stand up and see Natalie standing by the door, talking to Clint. My eyebrows furrow as I look at the grown woman. She looks so different.

She still wears that same red leather jacket. I silently chuckle as look her over. A navy tank top is lazily tucked into her black leggins. Dirt covers her blue snearkers. Her brwon hair flows in the wind. But, her jacket is slung over her shoulder for once. "Clint, who's that?" Natalie asks as she spots me in the corner. Right why would she remember me. My eyes snap to Clint who looks back at me. I turn on my heel and grab the gun sittin nearby and jump out of the window I came in through. I sprint to the front door. I yank the jacket off of Natalie's shoulder giving her a wink and sprint off into the woods. An arrow barely skims my leg but I keep going.

I run through the woods until I reach the end and come to a long highway. I pull my arms through the sleeves of the leather jacket, finaly being able to warm up. It smells like her. Even after all these years, she still smells the same. I walk barefoot along the highway. Not stopping for food or anything. Should've grabbed some money. Oh, who am I kidding? I can easily steal from these technologically slow places.

I walk briskly into a gas station nearby. The bell chims with my arrival. I grab a few granola bars, a water bottle, and gum.I stuff them into the leather jacket and walk out of the gas station, keeping my head down the entire time.

I walk to the gravel side of the highway and walk along it. I tug the jacket closer to me in an attempt to keep me warm. Doesn't work. The wind goes through the jacket and attacks at my bare arms. I rub my arms up and down the sleeves.

A.N.~~~

This book will be finished in a matter of nine days, starting today. Nine chapters that will end this story. I think the sortyline made sense. Tell me in the comments if it really doesn't. I'm pretty sure that is something I really need to work on.