44.

_____________________

44. Desiree

_______________________________

Desiree was back at home and she was dead tired. When she heard a knock at her door, she got up wearily from her bed and went to the door. Lucas was standing there looking at her, her eyes bulged in shock.

"What do you want?"

"Good morning to you too."

"I'm not in the mood, go away."

"Dee, I came to apologize. Can I come in?"

She deliberated for a moment before opening the door. Lucas sat on the sofa and Desiree left him and went back to the bedroom. She locked her door and went to sleep. When she woke up hours later, Lucas had made himself comfortable on her sofa. His shoes were on the floor and he was watching TV with his legs stretched out. She folded her arms and watched him. He beckoned to her and she walked towards him. Lucas pulled her against himself and caressed her face as they fit awkwardly on the sofa.

"I'm sorry and I believe you."

"You do?"

"Yea. You were right and I was harsh when I should have at least heard you out. Can you forgive me?"

"No."

"Please, Dee. We miss you and we want you back."

"To continue as a nanny?"

"No, never that. I mean as my significant other, I love you."

"Are you serious?"

"On God. It was hard to keep pretending that I didn't like you and that was the reason I was always acting out."

"What's so wrong with liking me?"

"I didn't know I had it in me to love anyone again after my wife passed. I felt like I was betraying her by being attracted to you or thinking about you and I somehow resented you for it."

"I understand that but you took it too far, Lucas."

"I know that. I was wrong and you were right and now I'm trying to make things right. I want you in my life, are you ready to have me with all my baggage and complications?"

"I recently just found out that I love chaos so bring it on."

"Is that a yes?"

Desiree laughed. "It's a yes."

"Have I told you how happy you make me feel?"

"No."

"You're my light and my survival depends on seeing you happy. I hated every moment I made you mad or sad, that of course won't happen again."

"Lucas, I love you too and I love your kid. I love you grumpy, I love you happy, I love everything about you but most importantly, I love your butt."

"Is this the time to be joking, Dee?"

"There's never a wrong time for that, Mr. Grumpy."

"I guess you're right. If you're not comfortable moving back in, we'll move into another house."

"I don't mind moving in with you, you just have to tell your wife that there are boundaries and I don't appreciate her scaring me."

"It won't happen again."

"How would you know that?"

"I saw a clairvoyant."

"Like a medium?"

"Yea, that was how I knew you weren't making things up. She thought she was protecting me but she knows now that she doesn't have to."

"How was the experience?"

"Chilling. I was ignorant about those sort of things but after the reading, I became a believer."

"I'm proud of you." Desiree took his face and kissed him deeply.

Lucas kissed her cheek. "These past weeks have been hell without you."

"My life hasn't been easy also."

"I love you, Dee, so very much."

"And I love you right back. I think I forgot my pink dildo at your house."

"I'm an easy replacement, you just tell me what you want." Desiree pretended to be considering his offer but Lucas lifted her from the sofa before she could give an answer. "Where's the bedroom?"

Desiree pointed it out to Lucas and he barged in. "Easy, tiger," she warned.

Lucas dropped her on the bed. "Rrrrrrr."

Desiree laughed. "This is going to be one hell of a goofy relationship."

"That isn't a problem." Lucas paused. "Why were you wearing those horrible clothes when you could have been dressed like you were yesterday?"

"I was trying to conceal my figure to minimize the risk of an assault. I was sexually harassed at my work place and so I resigned."

"What the hell? Did you report it?"

"I resigned because my boss didn't care when I reported it."

"So you thought you could prevent it from happening again by wearing those baggy clothes? My poor baby, who is the bastard that harassed you?"

"It doesn't matter now."

"Was I a creep at any time while you were staying with us?"

"No."

"Not even that night?"

"No, Lucas you're not like that. I wanted you more than you wanted me anyway, I was always watching you swim at night."

"Really?"

"Yea and you were so innocent and cute. I don't know how, you just made me hot."

"I can't believe I almost fired you."

"What? This is news to me."

"Don't take offense. Bobo sprayed you with water on your first day and this bag lady with faded clothes transformed into a fertility goddess. I could barely keep my eyes off your breasts, and that was the beginning of it all. I couldn't sleep well because of the vivid erotic dreams and I was horny every time I saw you."

Desiree smiled slyly. "Why does this make me proud?"

"You should be. I even went to the farm to subtly tell Juls to back off when Bobo said you went to see him."

"Lucas? That's too much."

"I was going crazy. I knew when you walked into a room because of your perfume and that red, lacy bra? Dee, I was a goner. I've never lusted that hard before, I thought I was bewitched."

"You weren't."

"I know. You were also so good with the kid. I really don't know who is more obsessed with you, me or the boy?"

"The kid wasn't afraid to show his feelings but I understand why it was so difficult for you. I do feel for you for raising a kid all on your own."

"It wasn't easy, but fatherhood is one of the proudest moments of my life."

"As it should be, you're a great father."

"Thank you."

"I love you. Kiss me again."

"As you wish, my darling."

Lucas kissed her while his fingers found her moist and ready. Soon he was filling her with not only his length but with warmth and love while also loudly declaring how much he loved and adored her.

THE END

Author's Note.

Thank you for reading my book. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. If you enjoyed it please take the time to vote the several chapters and provide feedback in the comment section.

Thanks a bunch.

Keep scrolling when you're done voting...