Clueless Hate(Excerpt)

Prologue

2009

Gini cuddled closer to Juwon as he napped. She was studying his handsome, thin face when she heard her name. Gini looked at his lips and didn't see them moving.

"Ginika!" She heard again and looked towards the door. Her father stood there looking at her with disappointment and anger clearly written all on his face.

Gini got out of bed with fear and her heart raced wildly as she thought of what was to come. He'd told her he would be coming home late. Why was he back so early? It was only evening.

"Ginika!!" he said again, this time with more force and she realized she was stark naked. She grabbed the closest thing her hand could touch and wrapped a blanket around herself. The process woke Juwon up and she looked at him as he looked from her to her father who was still rooted to the door.

"Run, run, run, run," she sobbed in warning as she clung to the material around her body.

Juwon didn't need to be told twice as he gathered his clothing scattered on the floor and ran towards the door. Her father moved closer to him with pure hatred in his heavy steps and tried to grab him, Juwon dodged his hand and made for the door. Gini gave a sigh of relief as he was out of harm's way, he couldn't survive her father's wrath.

"Ginika!!!"

"Yes, dad," she answered as he called menacingly. She trembled as he moved closer to her.

"You made him touch you. You had sex with him," he screamed out the accusations.

"No, dad." she sniffed as snot fell from her nose.

Father's fist connected with her face and she fell to the floor from the impact of the solid blow. She went blind for a moment before quickly standing up.

"You're still telling lies, I saw you naked in bed with a boy. You're only fourteen and you made him touch you."

"No, dad." Gini couldn't stop herself from denying the truth. She felt like she was in a terrible dream and the only way to get out was to keep denying it.

Another blow came and her head almost snapped from her neck. She winced in pain and cowered near the wall expecting another blow but it never came. Her head was throbbing and snot and tears were now falling freely from her face.

"I'm calling the police. You will say he raped you."

"He didn't," she managed to say. Gini knew not to defy him but that was too much lie. Especially as she'd planned the whole thing.

She felt a slap land on her face and the blanket fell from her body as she held on to her face. It stung so badly and she closed her eyes as pain washed over her. Her father kept at it this time and she eventually lost count of the blows and slaps that connected to her face. When she saw her life flashed right in front of her eyes as a blow connected to her jaw, she gave in.

"Yes," she said softly then screamed, "Yes, he raped me."

Father left the room in satisfaction and she crawled to the bed. Her fingers were sore and almost broken from protecting her face and her ears were hot from the assault. She shivered slightly when her dad came into the room again.