A bear that talks

Have you ever wondered how normal people woke up on an important date? Like, how would the average Japanese person from Hiroshima woke up before an atomic bomb was dropped? I always assumed they woke up like any other day, having their normal lives when suddenly everything changed. The weird part is, that's not how I felt at all the day Percy Jackson arrived at camp.

I had been here at Camp Half-Blood for about two months with the same daily routine. First I woke up, went to talk with the Apollo campers, then I went to eat and then I went to train. To say that I didn't feel claustrophobic would be a lie comparable to when Hitler said he wouldn't invade Checoslovakia. Two completely obvious lies.

You see, down in Shepherdstown I was always running around and going anywhere I wanted. I had the freedom to do anything I wanted and, to some extent, I overused that freedom. I am not going to go into the details but let's just say that it is one of the first signs that someone is a serial killer. I keep getting out of track, sorry for my bad ADHD.

Anyways, the day Percy Jackson arrived was far from normal for me. Instead of a normal vision/dream, I had like a voice reaching out to me. It was deep and menancing, a voice someone would most likely be afraid of. The voice told me lots of stuff, but to summarize, he basically said "Ditch the camp, come with me, we will rule the world, your godly parent doesn't care because you're a mistake". I was tempted to go with him, but there was a little voice in my head telling me this was a bad idea. So, I trusted my instinct and turned him down, so I woke up with a cut on my chest. Weirdest thing ever I know.

After that weird encounter/dream, I went over to the hill to meet with my friends from the Apollo cabin. It had become routine to go there at the rising of the sun and talk to them while they watched the daily occurrence. We always joked around and everything, most of the time about girls or people that we didn't like. For example, I didn't like Annabeth at al,l and neither did most people to be frank. Sure, she had to run away from her home at seven years old, but she was really annoying and prideful. I would be lying if I said she was ugly, but with the Aphrodite campers going around, she couldn't be relying on her looks.

The Apollo campers and I always thought I was their brother, I mean with the blue eyes and archery skills who wouldn't. The only difference was that I couldn't play an instrument to save my life or that they were usually more social than I was. Don't get this in the way that I'm an antisocial kid, because I was really popular at school. But even then where everyone knew me, I still had my close knit friends that I trusted with my life. Every time I think about them a pain hits my chest, a pain of the realization I will never talk to them again.

After that I went to the Dining Pavilion and ate my Trix cereal. The Hermes table was always the most chaotic, with people throwing food, others hitting each others, others yelling insults, etc. You get the idea. The first few times I sat here, all I felt was amazement. I mean, here were the children of GODS, and all they were doing was throwing French toast at each other.

I looked around the table and saw Luke glancing at me, more than usual. You see, ever since I arrived Luke had been a really good companion and friend, but I always knew he knew something about me I didn't. Something that made him extremely uncomfortable. So, every time I was with him, he was friendly but I could sense him trying to distance himself from me.

The rest of the day, like until five maybe, was pretty normal. Training, playing basketball, practicing archery, doing hand-in-hand combat against Clarisse (the Ares camper), talking with Silena, flirting with her sisters (mostly with Drew because it was the easiest to get to make out with me), and dining. Once again, I prayed for my mom or dad to claim me, and a little bit to Dionysius (to keep me on his good side), sat down and ate.