We're going on a trip

Being completely honest, I think I have a curse upon me. You see, the days I can sleep till late I always wake up at 5:30am. Why? Only God knows. And if he doesn't exist then nobody knows, but let's not get into that right now.

It was 5:45 and I was already downstairs eating breakfast: some Frosted Flakes, an Eggo and one scrambled egg. Along with Apple juice, this was my go-to breakfast while I was growing up, and now that I was here again, I just had to eat this. You know, just to spice that nostalgia up.

"Why the hell are you up so early?" Alanna asked from behind me, rubbing her eyes and her face telling how much she wanted to either die or kill me.

"I just rested enough. Plus, I want to visit my old home before heading to California."

"About that!" Alanna started to say excitedly "my mom got two tickets to California. We leave at 1:28 and arrive at 5:43. After that we can part ways, but I want to spend that time with you. I know you have important stuff to do, but we need to catch up."

"Oh my gods thank you so much Alanna! I have no words!" I hugged her tightly while she laughed.

"So where do you want to go now? Oh right you told me, the orphanage. Just to warn you, the bank that has that terrain hasn't done anything, so it's not a pretty sight."

But I was not prepared to see around 11 flowers with a stone with each of the names of my brothers and sisters. I was not prepared to have this sense of not being enough, this sense of pain go through me. And that's when I had the splendid idea to use my most unusual power, the power that didn't come from my mother.

"Alanna" she turned towards me "I'm about to do something, but I'm afraid it may hurt you. So just wait for me at your house, I'll meet you there for the airport."

"Alright, but if you disappear I will hunt you down and kill you with my bare hands"

"I'll keep that in mind" and so she walked away. Once I saw that there was nobody near the scene, I focused all my body and mind into the present. All my memories of this place, all my being connected to this place. Once I felt one with the place, I began to think back in time. I saw how, everything seemed to go backwards. Like a movie flashback, but in real life.

I saw as the years passed by until I finally saw the fire that had caused the death of my family. Now, all that was left was focus on who/what started the fire. I saw the whole day of the incident, but one thing got my attention. As soon as I went to school that day, a hooded figure sealed all the doors and windows shut. After that, the same person put some flammable liquid around and, finally, lit the place up. All I could see of the figure were his two blue eyes.

I ended the flashback power thing with tears coming down my cheeks. I remembered my family fondly, they were the ones that gave me so many opportunities and the ones who taught me everything I know. Without them, I would've probably been a kid who had never reached his potential. And there's nothing worse than not being able to achieve what you were born to do.

I kneeled in front of their stones and silently prayed to Hades. I knew he wouldn't listen, and I knew that whatever I said now wouldn't affect what had happened, but it was the least I could do for my family.

After praying and going to Alanna's house, we were headed to the nearest airport. Always with the feeling of somebody following us, I asked the cab driver if he could go faster, that I would pay him double if he did.

When we arrived at the airport, Alanna and I quickly passed through TSA where, fortunately,  they were doing a horrible job and didn't confiscate my weapons. Alanna had her hairspray confiscated, but I am 100% sure that she packed it to disguise something else.