Oneshots 2.0

(So this idea came from a comment I got from LeoValdezFlamingFire so yeah thanks)
~homophobia, transphobia, just
d e p r e s s i o n~

Abuse

Jared loves his parents. For some reason. Maybe it's because of the fact they haven't kicked him out yet. Maybe it's because they feed him.
Kind of...
Not really.

However, Jared is terrified of his parents. Not only do they not call him the right name, but they also abuse him. They burn him, whip him, cut him, bruise him. Anything they can do to get him out of their life.

They've even tried pushing him to suicide and talk about how they should've aborted him as they planned. They always call him cruel and homophobic slurs like faggot, tranny, fat, ugly, and so many more. They even go as far as to blame his twin sister's suicide on him.

'If you had only stayed a girl and did girly things with her, she would still be alive.'

Today, though, they were in a particularly bad mood. They almost killed Jared by pushing him down the stairs. He was lucky enough to catch himself before he got to the bottom. They broke his glasses and gave him quite a few bruises before breakfast. They probably broke his ankle when Jared corrected his mom after she called him 'Raina'.

So in other words, Jared was in a shit ton of pain and probably shouldn't be walking. His parents force him to go to school anyway, saying "we don't want to have to look at your ugly fucking tranny ass all day."

He limps down the road and makes a pretty lame attempt to avoid his group of friends. It doesn't work for long, though, because about a mile from his house, he notices his entire friend group. He panics and avoids eye contact. About a minute later, though, Jake notices him and all 11 people start to wave him over. He sighs and limps across the street only to be bombarded with questions.

"Dude, what happened to your leg?" Jake.
"Yeah, are you okay?" Evan.
"Did something bad happen?" Michael.

Jared cuts them all off.

"Guys, I'm fine. I think I just twisted it or something. I'll be fine." He insists, running his hand through his hair. The rest of the group looks at him suspiciously.

"You're lying." Jeremy points out. Jared shrugs and smiles, a look of pain on his face.

"It's what I do best." He says. He suddenly feels like he's about to pass out. He finally feels the pressure his backpack is putting on the lashes on his back and he feels the pressure on his foot. Everything hurts.

"Bro, are you okay? You thorta... Thpathed out." Rich says, waving his hand in front of Jared's face. Jared snaps back to reality and swats Rich's hand away, going back to ignoring the pain.

"I said I'm fine." He runs his hand through his hair and winces slightly when he presses too hard on his leg.

"Maybe you should sit down... You look really pale." Christine points out. Jared thinks she sounds like his mom and speaks before his brain can process what he's doing.

"Yes, ma'am." He mutters. The group freezes as Jared sits down, seemingly not knowing what he said.

"Did you just say 'yes ma'am'?" Jenna asks quietly. Jared freezes before looking up at the rest of the group. They stare back, shocked.

"Oh god. Sorry. You just... Sounded like my mom for a moment and my mom doesn't tolerate bad behavior or bad manners or me in particular. I'm talking too much again, aren't I? Oh god..." Jared says quickly. As soon as he finishes talking, he slaps himself in the wrist. The group gives him a horrified look and sit down by him. Evan takes Jared's hand and looks at his wrist.

"What the hell did you do that for?" Jake asks. Everyone stares at him.

"W-well I was talking too much and that's how my p- um... I get myself to stop talking." He says it like it's the most obvious thing in the world, which scares the group a little.

"You shouldn't do that. You'll hurt yourself." Evan mumbles. Jared snorts and everyone looks at him.

"You'd think I'd know that." He says. "We should get to school."

"You know, maybe we should go to my house instead," Michael says, standing up. "Y'know. Skip school?"

"What? Why?" Jared asks, not making any move to stand up.

"Because we have some things to talk about," Michael replies.

"Oh... Okay." Jared mutters, standing up but being careful on his ankle.

"Rad," Michael mumbles, turning around. Jeremy looks at him as the rest of the group stands up.

"Micha, no one says 'rad' anymore," Jeremy says. Michael turns and smirks at him.

"Well, I do. Fuck off." He says, sticking his tongue out. Jeremy rolls his eyes as Michael turns to lead the way to his house.

The 5-minute walk is completely silent except for the few buzzes from Jenna's phone. Eventually, though, they get to Michael's house and immediately go down to the basement since Michael's moms' have to work.

Michael goes to a mini-fridge in the corner of the room and opens it, revealing tons of discontinued soft drinks. He steps away and looks at the group after grabbing a Mountain Dew Red.

"Take your pick." He says. The majority of the group, the part that calls themselves 'the SQUIP squad' for some reason, immediately goes for the same thing Michael got. This seems to relieve him.

The other part of the group, on the other hand, gets completely different drinks. Alanna gets something called 'Vault', Evan and Zoe each get a 'Hubba Bubba Soda', and Jared gets a Mountain Dew Red, seeing as it's the most popular.

Once everyone gets their drinks, they sit down in a circle on the floor and face Jared.

"Alright," Jake says. "What's going on?"

Yeet ok so I finished the first part but since it's so long, I'm gonna need to do a second part. Thanks again LeoValdezFlamingFire for the suggestion! Bye!