Oneshots 3.0

Ugly

No one has ever seen Michael without a hoodie. Not even Jeremy. Some people wonder if he self harms. Others wonder if he's just cold all the time. None of them a correct, though.

The correct answer is...

Michael has vitiligo. He's very self-conscious about the white splotches on his arms and legs and stomach. So he just doesn't show anyone. He thinks it looks like some of the parts of his body was dipped in white paint and he hates it.

Michael sits in class, not paying any attention to the teacher when Jeremy, who sits behind him, taps on his neck.

"Why do you have a white spot here?" He mumbles, sounding bored. Michael puts a hand over the spot in fear.

"U-um I don't know..." He mutters. Jeremy doesn't believe him but drops the subject. He'll have to visit Michael after school.

For the rest of class, Jeremy stares at the small white patch of white skin in awe. He thinks it looks really pretty. Michael feels Jeremy's stare and blushes but doesn't do anything about it.

The rest of the day goes by quickly and soon enough, the final bell rings. Michael rushes home and immediately goes down to his room. He pulls off his hoodie to reveal white splotches down his arms. He grimaces at them before looking in his mirror to try and see the white patch on his neck.

When he finally sees it, he notices there's a white patch of hair above it as well. He bites his lip, not noticing the basement door opening. Jeremy walks down the steps and calls out to Michael.

"Micha? Are you alr-" Jeremy stares at Michael in shock and the shorter boy whips around in fear.

"Oh god. I- you weren't supposed to see me..." He says quickly. He rushes over to his bed to get his hoodie but Jeremy stops him. Michael blushes as Jeremy stares at him in awe. "J-Jeremy...?" He asks quietly. Jeremy doesn't answer for a moment. "Jeremy a-are you o-okay...?" Michael asks softly, getting very self-conscious with his best friend staring down at him.

"Michael you look beautiful..." Jeremy whispers. Michael blushes and looks down.

"No, I'm not... It's ugly and I hate it." He mutters. Jeremy lifts Michael's chin so the shorter boy is looking at him.

"I don't think it is. I think you look amazing." He says softly. Michael smiles softly and hugs Jeremy, starting to tear up a little.

"Thank you." He whispers. Jeremy smiles and hugs Michael back.

"You're welcome." He mutters back. They stand there in silence for a moment before Jeremy speaks again. "What's it called?"

"Oh... Uh... V-vitiligo." Michael says back. Jeremy nods and pulls away, looking down at Michael.

"Do you wanna go somewhere?" He asks. Michael looks down and nods.

"Yeah, I wanna tell the rest of the group if that's okay..." He mutters. Jeremy smiles.

"Sure. Since Heidi and my dad are married now, Jared and Evan should already be at my house. All we have to do is call up the rest of the group." Michael nods and the start to head over to Jeremy's house.

~15 minutes and 8 calls later cause I'm lazy~

11 teens stand in the living room in silence, most of them wondering what they were brought here for. Michael stares at the ground for a couple of moments before speaking up.

"S-so I needed to tell you guys something that I've been hiding from you f-for a long time..." Michael says softly, his voice wavering. Jeremy squeezes Michael's hand and the shorter boy stands up slowly. He takes a breath before pulling his hoodie off, revealing his arms and the white splotches. The group gasps and smiles.

"Woah..." Jake mutters. Michael bites his lip and waits for the hate.

It never comes, though. Only a wave of 'you look really pretty' and lots other compliments. He smiles and hugs the group.

"Thank you, guys." He mutters.

The next couple of days, Michael starts wearing his hoodie with the sleeves rolled halfway up. Sure, he gets bullied a lot more for his condition but at the end of the day, he reminds himself it doesn't matter what they think. As long as he believes in himself, he'll be fine.

After all, guys like him are cool in college.

I had to. I had to you know I did. Also, that second to last paragraph was meant for you guys too. Believe in yourself. It doesn't matter what other people have to say. All that matters is your own opinion. If your friends don't believe in you, they aren't real friends. If people at school don't believe in you, flip them off and be yourself. As long as you believe in yourself, you'll be just fine. Anyway, I'll see you next time. Bye!