Oneshots 9.1

🌹Flowers🥀: Part 2

(Allow me to just...)

(Evan:

Bitch mode:

On    Off)

(Tw. Very very visual with the blood and shit-)

Jared wanted so badly to push Evan away.

To shove him out of his life and move on.

But it hurt so much.

Every time he tried, the thorns in his lungs started scratching more and more violently until he finally took Evan back.

It's been about a month since Jared had developed the Hanahaki Disease.

Since he found out that Evan was cheating on him.

He got used to the pain.

The excuses.

The fear.

He was used to coughing up petals every time Evan left.

It's gotten to the point where it wasn't even just petals anymore.

It was full roses.

It was blood.

Evan hasn't noticed yet.

Or maybe he has and he just doesn't care.

Jared was sitting in his car after school. He didn't want to go home to his overly worried parents. He wasn't ready for that.

It has been a full day of getting made fun of and bullied and fear.

He just wanted Evan to love him back already.

Jared suddenly feels sobs and coughs racking his body. Rose petals fly everywhere and tears stream down his face. He tries to hold the petals in but it doesn't do much to help.

Suddenly, his car door flies open and he's pulled into comforting arms. Fear grips at his heart and his breathing gets unsteady.

A voice tries to calm him down.

A comforting voice.

A voice that is smooth like silk but deep like the ocean.

He feels his breathing slow and his tears stop. Finally, he stops coughing and he looks up.

Connor.

He jumps, surprised and tries to move away. Connor has a surprisingly strong grip on his arm, though. Connor stares at Jared sternly.

"Who?" He asks. Jared flinches, looking down and Connor's glare softens. "Who is it?" He asks, a bit softer. Jared, despite the soft tone, finches again. He doesn't want to tell Connor but he doubts that Connor will ever leave him alone about it until he tells him.

"I-it's... It's E-Evan..." He says quietly. Connor is taken aback. He silent for a moment before he starts laughing. Jared feels like crying.

"Really? You have a crush on my boyfriend?" He asks. Jared feels his heart drop. Connor doesn't know. Connor doesn't know that Evan is a liar. A cheater. Jared gets choked up. He doesn't reply. "Why?" Connor asks.

"Because I st-still love h-him and h-he d-doesn't." He chokes out. "He never e-even broke u-up with me... H-he's j-just lying..." He whispers. He thought he was quiet until he feels Connor tense up.

"He... He what?" Connor asks softly.

"H-he never... B-broke up w-with m-me. He's j-just l-lying to m-me. He a-actually l-loves y-you now..." Jared replies softly. Connor doesn't reply. He just stands up, pulling Jared up with him. "W-wait, you c-can be w-with h-him... I-I can s-stop d-dating him..." Jared says fearfully. Connor shakes his head.

"I don't date people who cheat on my friends." He says lowly. Jared tenses up, stopping Connor, who was quickly walking to try and find Evan. Connor turns to him. "Are you... Okay?" He asks.

"I... I'm y-your friend...?" Jared asks quietly, staring at Connor with wide eyes. Connor smiles softly and pulls Jared into a hug.

"Of course." He says. Jared smiles, hugging back. It isn't long before Connor pulls away. "Now come on."

"We have a cheater to catch."

---

It isn't long before they find Evan. Connor approaches him with an angered expression. Jared is behind Connor with a fearful expression. Evan turns to them, getting confused and scared instantly.

"Um... C-Connor? Jared? Wh-what are y-you two doing h-here...?" He asks softly. Connor gets right to the point.

"Cut the crap, Hansen! I know that you've been cheating on us!" He shouts. "You said you weren't dating anyone when I kissed you. Apparently, Jared, your boyfriend, saw that." Evan freezes, looking at Jared.

"You... Told him...?" Evan asks sternly, his tone much different than how it usually is. Jared flinches, looking away and nodding slowly. Evan curses under his breath and Connor speaks again.

"Of course, he told me! I found him coughing up rose petals in his car!" Connor shouts.

Instantly after he says it, it falls deathly silent.

Everyone is frozen in their spots.

Jared stares at the ground.

Evan stares at Jared.

Connor stares at Evan.

There's a tense fear in the atmosphere.

"You... You actually... Loved me...?" Evan asks, a slightly joking tone in his voice. Jared feels thorns tear at his throat.

"Love." He corrects hoarsely. "I still do."

Evan laughs.

Connor stares in anger.

Jared almost cries.

"Wow, I wasn't aware that you cared about anyone," Evan states blandly. Jared tenses up. "I'm sorry."

"I don't love you anymore."

Jared feels a sharp pain in his chest.

He coughs violently.

Connor tries to help but it doesn't do much.

Blood and petals come out of his mouth.

Thorns tear though his lungs, making him unable to breathe.

Eventually, he stops breathing.

His heart stops beating.

The color drains from his eyes.

Realization dawns on the boys.

Jared Kleinman is dead.

And not all stories have happy endings.