23 | No one is invincible

On this fine day, trapped in my house on quarantine, I, being a woman and all, had a cramp.

I felt like I was about to die.

The experience made me realize that no one includes this in their writing. Once in your OC's life, they'll have a stomach ache, their head will hurt, they'll have allergies, they'll have rolled ankles and sprained wrists. They will get hurt because they are not invincible.

We tend to make our characters life like a sims game. They never get sick, there's never any bad weather, they never have to pay for anything and oddly enough, they never have normal body functions like having to pee, cough, sneeze or have periods. We all know what a stomach ache feels like so I'm not gonna describe what those kind of things feel like.

Here's a list of injuries and how to describe them:
-hit in the jaw/temple: depending on where the punch is come into from, they'd most likely bite their tongue/cheek/lip. The pain will spread upwards or toward the back of the head.
-hit in the ear: the pain will spread outwards, mostly down to the neck and towards the temple depending on where the force is from. There will be ringing that varies on the amount of force applied.
-hit in the nose: it'll spread outwards through the cheekbones, and it'll make the eyes water even if it didn't hurt. It might bleed and it might bruise but only after a while (most bruises show up five hours later).
-hit in the throat: I can't say this any better. You can not breathe. It feels like whatever they hit them with is still there, blocking them from breathing, almost like cotton has been stuffed in their throat.
-hit in the arm: people have different weak spots on their arms. Mine is in between that muscle by the shoulders and the elbows, same with in between the elbow and wrist on the forearm. It makes my whole arm tense up and aches after it's hit.
-hit in the chest/breast: it hurts, and it can either make them stop breathing(chest) or continue to hurt(breast). Nothing they do will make the pain in their breasts stop until they stop thinking about it.
-hit in the back: between the shoulder blades will forced the shoulders back and shoot around the blades. Lower back will shoot pain upwards and lower through the tailbone.
-hit in the stomach: might make your oc throw up, heave, or lose their breath for a quick moment. This hurts, but it's not that serious.
-hit in the leg: depending on the direction, it can break the leg. If it's from the sides and into the shins in a downward motion, it'll break it. If it's from the front, it'll break it. The back will dead leg them and force their knee to the ground. A thigh hit is kind of like an arm hit.
-torn muscle/ligament: I tore many ligaments in my foot once and it's very painful. It hurts all the time and when it's first torn it's a constant pain with a even worse throb. You won't be constantly crying, I just closed my eyes and focused on breathing like my coach said... there will be swelling almost immediately, and on the second day heavy bruising. Bruising peaks on the third day.
-broken bone: I broke a bone when I was very little. I cannot remember this, comment people plz help if I'm wrong. I guess it would hurt just as bad. It would swell up but their would be bruising later on (second or third day)
-stab: I have no idea (thankfully). I wanna say it's a fiery or ice cold pain that spreads outwards evenly.
-wound: this is like a blunt like wound like a scratch against concrete. It burns and eventually heals with a scab. It usually leaves a scar.

That's about it for the list of injuries and all, once again, PM me if you have questions.

Basically I made this chapter to point out that books need more realism to them. This is not a sims game, as much as I love the sims.

Bye, stay safe y'all.