2

He had been feeling it for weeks. Not only the arrival of Samhain, but the blood moon that coincidentally was supposed to take place on the same evening.
Merlin's magic had grown increasingly aware of the approaching moon and his senses, he realized, had heightened tremendously.
His magic had seemingly begun flowing around him and it was getting hard to keep under control.
In the last few days he had heard every whisper and felt every breath of air. In some ways it was relaxing.

In some ways it definitely wasn't.

Merlin had also began to feel a sort of buzz when someone had so much as looked at him.

Or he had, at least, when Arthur looked at him.

After he sent the prince to bed with a full belly, he left the onions to chop themselves.

He had never felt for anyone what he felt for Arthur; true but silenced friendship.

Merlin remained happy with the intimate encounter he just had with Arthur. Infact, he felt as though a warm pit had been planted in his stomach and it glowed when he thought back upon it.

He knew why Arthur was nervous for tomorrow. Merlin had heard rumors that the beautiful and intelligent Lady Madelena and her father, Lord Heron, were celebrating Samhain in Camelot. He could only assume the reason for this was some sort of secret courtship between Arthur and the Lady.

A part of Merlin was saddened at the thought of Arthur becoming betrothed. He knew that the small part of Arthur that was still curious and childlike would dissolve into something far more serious.

In fact, one could say that Merlin dreaded the day that Arthur would no longer be capable of joking with him.

Merlin would miss him when Arthur had no other choice but to grow up.