Chapter One

"I'm so impatient," Rose Weasley was sitting on the red seats in the Hogwarts train,"I just want to get there already!"

"What for," Lily Luna Potter snorted,"For school? Better than a muggle school I guess. No offense to your mum or anything, but seriously. People like us don't belong in muggle schools."

"I'd be fine in a muggle school. It wasn't even half that bad." Rose's mother was muggle-born Hermione Granger, one of the brightest students in Hogwarts, and her father was Ron Weasley, who wasn't known for his brightness, but for the trouble he got into with Hermione and Harry Potter.

"No you wouldn't. You'd have all that magic going no where begging and pleading," Lily started pulling on Rose's arm as if she were begging,"'Rose, pleeeeasseee go to a school for witchcraft and wizardry. Pleaaaaseee.'"

The two girls busted out laughing and joking with each other when they were startled by the door opening.

"Sorry," a blonde haired boy their age apologized, "Can I sit here? All the others are full."

"Yeah," Lily smiled,"Sit. We don't bite. Most of the time."

Rose nudged Lily and gave her a stern look. Lily smiled and nudged her back,"It's okay. Calm down."

Lily looked over at the boy who sat down on the other side,"What's your name, blondie?"

He look up sharply and swallowed,"Uh, I'm Scorpius. Scorpius Malfoy."

"Malfoy, huh? Cool."

"What uh, what's your name?"

She stood up and said proudly,"My name is Lily Luna Potter. Nice to meet you. And this is my little companion, Rose Weasley."

"Potter and Weasley? Really?"

"Yes, sir." Lily was smiling kindly and strangely.

"Lily.." Rose pulled on Lily's sleeve,"Our parents..."

"Can deal with it. Think about it: the three of us could defy what everyone thinks of the Potter, Weasley, Malfoy feud."

"Bloody Hell, Lily."

"Ahhh, Rose. Calm yourself. It's not that bad."

"I kind of like that plan," Scorpius spoke quietly,"It's different and daring."

"Speak up, no need to be quiet," Lily stood up,"Be brave, be strong, be-", the train lurched forward and knocked Lily over.

"Be still?" Rose asked laughing.

"Or be sturdy?" Scorpius added in.

The three of them laughed for a while until Lily shook her head,"Alright, alright," she said,"Let's just all be peaceful and..guys?"

"Yeah?" Rose and Scorpius asked simultaneously

"We might have a bit of a problem."

"Like what," Rose asked.

"I may or may not have gotten stuck." Lily looked around and tried wiggling herself out of the tight space she fell into between her and Rose's bags.

Saying that threw them all into another laughing fit.

"I can't believe you got stuck," Rose managed to say in between gasps for air.

"Well?" Lily shrugged wiping her eyes.

"Shush," Rose said,"Just be quiet. Don't say anything and don't move." Rose picked up a couple of light bags and placed them on top of Lily and covered her with a sheet.