Chapter Four

Rose ran down the hallways looking for the bathroom Lily was in. Hogwarts was a lot bigger than she expected. She was overwhelmed. How could Lily find the bathroom so fast?

"Uncle Harry and the Marauder's Map," Rose thought, "He loves that map so much."

She shook her head. She knew that Harry must've given Lily the map. Rose's parents always talked about how they always got lost on the moving staircases and the large rooms that filled the large space of the Hogwarts castle.

Rose was walking around the large hallways when she saw a shadow pass by on the wall. She slowly walked forward and called out.

"Lily," the empty halls echoed. She walked forward and the sound of her shoes echoed through the halls,"Lily are you there?"

There was no reply and Rose's heart sped up. She knew someone was there, but no one was replying to her. She swallowed and slowly looked around the corner. When she looked, what she saw surprised her.

She saw a ghost, but it wasn't one she'd seen before. It was a familiar face, but no one ever mentioned this one. Rose reached out and waved her hand so the ghost would see her.

"Hi," she smiled, "I'm Rose. I'm a first year student. I've never seen you in the Book of Ghosts. My mom showed me all of the ghosts there are here, but you-you weren't there."

The ghost slowly turned around. His face looked so familiar, but Rose couldn't remember why. She examined this ghost to ask someone about it. He had sharp features, and long black hair.

"Lily," the ghost turned around and looked at her, "Sweet, sweet Lily. Where's she go?"

"I'm looking for her," Rose looked at him quizzically,"Who are you?"

"I'm Professor Severus Snape," he said, "I need to find Lily."