Chapter Six

Rose listened to the ghost of Severus Snape and followed his directions to the girls lavatory. Down the hallway, she could hear Lily hiccuping and trying to slow her breathing because of the echoes.

Rose took a deep breath and looked at Snape, "She's right down here."

Snape's eyes slightly lit up, but also showed loneliness and despair. Rose knew that he had been through something pretty traumatic. But he still wasn't like her parents described him. He wasn't cold, demeaning, or strict. He was nice, sad, and kind.

Rose's shoes kept echoing through the hall. She signaled Snape to follow her.

He shook his head, "It's the girls lavatory. I'm not allowed in there."

"You're a ghost now," Rose rolled her eyes, "Just come on."

"Just like your mother," Snape mumbled.

Rose raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "And what exactly does that mean?" She asked defensively.

Snape shook his head and slowly followed Rose.

Rose pushed the door open slowly.

"Lily," she called out, but there was no reply.

Rose walked into the lavatory slowly looking around. She breathed in and smelled smoke. Fearing the worst, she waved her wand and the stall doors all slammed open.

She rushed over to Lily. She saw her burning pictures of all the things she loved. The things Lily was picked on for.

"No," Rose said, "No, no. Lily, stop."

Lily turned around, "Why should I," tears stained her cheeks, "They've only brought me problems. Nothing good came from these bloody things."

Rose took Lily's hands and led her out of the stall and hugged her. Lily was crying her heart out, and it just made Rose feel really bad again.

"I didn't mean it," Rose said, "What I said earlier."

Lily looked up and saw Snape standing there awkwardly. She sniffled and smiled weakly. She broke the hug and walked over to him.

"Lily," she nodded, "I'm Lily Luna Potter."

Snape tilted his head, "Lily," he smiled and tears filled his eyes, "You look like...your grandmother."

"I get that a lot," Lily nodded.

"Snape," he said, "Former Potions Master and Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor Severus Snape."

"What happened to you," Lily asked.

"I was attacked by Voldemort," Snape said plainly, "In the Battle of Hogwarts in 1998. I last talked to Harry Potter. "

"My dad?"

He nodded, "He was the last person I thought I'd ever see, or ever talk to. And the last to see me cry," tears filled his eyes again and a few spilled over, "And now I know I was wrong."

Lily nodded, "Very very wrong."

Snape thought for a while then looked at Lily, "Did you say your name was Lily Luna?"

"Yeah," Lily nodded.

"Like," he narrowed his eyes in confusement, "Lily Potter and Luna Lovegood, Lily Luna?"

Lily shrugged, "I don't know."

"Yeah," Rose said, "Our parents knew her pretty well."

"She was," Snape thought for a while, "Insane, to say the least."

Rose opened her mouth to say something when something crashed into the door.

They all spun around and Snape got in front of them to protect them. It was a nice gesture, but it wouldn't do much. He was just..a ghost.

Right when they thought it was okay, that is was safe, something pierced the door straight in the middle.