Chapter 7

I get through another book and soon it's dinner time. Al and I sit through another bland meal, listening to the Archduke and his family exchange words. The two brats give me dirty looks from across the table, whispering among themselves. But I shrug it off and retreat back into my room afterwards.

The maids come in a little while after sunset and try to put me to bed again. Again they leave as soon as they believe I'm asleep. As if he knew Al immediately speaks to me.

Mireille, I've sent the letter to Aunt Evelyn. It may take her a few days to respond but she'll definitely come. He says completely assured that she'll come to our rescue. And I know she'll try, I know very what type of person our Aunt is. But Claude D'Argent is crafty and sneaky. Aunt Evelyn probably won't be able to give any proper reason to take us.

At the very least we can communicate with her on the excuse that we want to see her.

Alright, Al. I reply, Get some sleep. I think the Arcanis Codex will teach us magic.

Mhm, 'night.

'night.

The next that was a repeat of yesterday. Iris D'Argent taught me a bunch of fancy rich people etiquettes. Then I went through the library again trying to find books on the history of the Argent family. While I was at the library Al was out with Emil practicing his sword again.

Anyways, I already knew that the Argents were probably a really important and influential family from the game. But I never expected that they were one of the founding families of the human kingdom.

The Kingdom of Lysithea. It's the only human Kingdom in this world as humans are the weakest race. Basically what happened was that the first head of the Argent House was good friends with the founding King of Lysithea. So he, the King and like three other people made a civilized and safe place for humans to live and thrive in.

The five founding families of the Kingdom are the Reial family, the Argent family, the Belmont family, the Clarkin family, and the Fylan family.

Each of the five families has a 'Pillar' of the Kingdom, hence the name of the game. Basically the 'Pillar' is the head or representative of the family that's expected to carry out specific duties and support the Kingdom.

Although technically the other four families are 'under' the Reiall family the five pillar families basically have the same amount of power within the hierarchy.

I'll just quickly explain the roles of the pillars:

The Reial Family - The Crown:
The one who keeps the peace within the Kingdom. The Reial family takes care of internal affairs of the Kingdom. They interact the most closely with the Argent family, the Belmont family, and the Fylan family, but they generally have to interact with all of the pillar families.

The Argent Family - The Scales:
The one who keeps the balance between our kingdom and other nations. In other words they're like a foreign affair minister in the 21st century. However, they have a lot more influence. They interact the most closely with the Reial family, the Fylan family, and the Clarkin Family.

The Belmont Family - The Wisdom:
The one who holds the secrets of the kingdom. They develop and improve magic so that humans can survive in the world. They are the heads of 'The Tower' where They interact closely with the Reial family, the Clarkin family, and the Fylan family.