Chapter 20

After cleaning up the well- disastrous explosion of belongings in Lilia Fylan's room the four collapsed onto the floor.

"How can someone screw up that badly with unpacking?" Cassandra blurted out insensitively.

"I apologize, Miss Carlyle, Miss Marion, Mireille. I find this so shameful."

Mireille got up and dusted her skirt off. "It's no big deal. But it's about time I leave."

"Where to?"

"I'm having dinner with my brother, my cousin, Lucius, and perhaps Emil as well."

Mireille's relationship with Emil D'Argent had improved quite significantly. She began trusting him simply because her brother said to. Mireille had her reserves at first, but Emil had sort of grown on her, with all his persistent bothering. It was clear that something had happened at the academy during their first year, but Alfred had never really given Mireille a straight answer about what happened.

"Oh, well... Have fun!" Lilia smiled.

Mireille waved as she left. She went down to the ground floor of the dorm. They met at a certain restaurant within the dormitory area. Though many went to Academy City for lunch, it was simply too far for breakfast and dinner when students were often in a rush or studying. So within the dorm area there were a few student-run restaurants and cafes, which was where Alfred would be treating Mireille, Lucius, and Emil to dinner.

The others were already seated around the table when Mireille arrived. The four sat down and began enjoying their meal.

"So how have you enjoyed your first day at Aizen Academy?"

The girl look at Emil as she responded, "Fair. Not quite... Ideal... I suppose."

"Oh? Why so? I would've thought that you'd go to all lengths to ensure an ideal first day." Lucius commented with his usual deadpan tone.

"I thought so as well. But horrible circumstances beyond my control have unfortunately ruined my itinerary."

The brown haired boy next to Mireille popped a piece of steak into his mouth. "You know, you'll never get any friends at this rate. When Lucius first got in, I thought he'd forever be along with that dead face of his."

"Shut up, now won't you, young lord Argent?"

Alfred choked as he heard both Lucius and Mireille snap at him in sync. They had always been quite similar. Perhaps it was a character trait of two deadpans who only ever smiled to seem charismatic in public.

Now, Emil was simply chuckling at the child-like people arguing before him. Two deadpans and superior-acting older brother. He thought it wouldn't harm Alfred if he were to take more notice into his manners. But he knew that Alfred only acted this way in front of this group because he trusted them completely.

He was glad that their long spanned fight had been resolved when they entered the academy.

As the group finished up their meal, Lucius turned to Mireille and said, "By the way, my class is coming to watch your test tomorrow." And left.

Mireille squinted slightly at her cousin. She never understood how the older boy slowly became more and more ominous over time. Well... He was one of those characters who were always oddly quiet and seemed to know everything in a creepy way.

"Hey, let me bring you back. Alfred got dragged into helping out professor." Emil ruffled the young girl's hair.

"Take care of her alright!"

The two waved Alfred off. After Emil brought the petite girl back to her dorm. "You should try making some friends like Alfred said."

"I never said that I didn't make friends." The girl pouted emphasizing the "didn't."