CHAPTER 11

PRESENT DAY...

Loukas Spiridakou's POV

Wow, I thought to myself, staring at my ex-wife as she finished recalling what made her decide to divorce me two years ago. For the first time in my life, I was lost for words. I don't what to say—hell, I didn't even know what to think about the bomb she just dropped on me.

She said she lost our baby at the same time I experienced a major crisis since I took over the company's rein from my deceased father. My heart was still reeling at the thought of the child she lost—our child...

She also said she could die if they didn't remove her ectopic pregnancy. Despite her resistance, she was helpless to obey the doctor's suggestion making her unable to bear a child ever again.

Looking at her now, sitting on the sofa she look so fragile so different from the woman she'd become since our separation. I wanted to take her in my arms to somehow comfort her as she visited the past due to my insistence but I was sure she wouldn't appreciate the gesture.

"You don't have plans on telling me this, aren't you?" I somehow managed to summon my voice to remain steady and calm after everything I had learned. "You want to keep me in the dark about the existence of the child you lost."

I saw her wince at my words. I didn't mean to sound like I was blaming her for it but she took it that way. She eyed me coldly from the sofa. "Would it change anything if I told you this after you came home? Besides, you were nowhere to be found when I needed you the most. You could not even take my phone call even for a moment. You are aware that I will not interfere with your work unless it is a serious matter."

Ouch. I think I deserve that barb since I assume that time her phone call's timing as off since I was in the middle of a meeting. I remember I told my secretary at that time that I would call her as soon as my meeting ended.

"Furthermore, you should be thanking me instead of upbraiding me for your narrow escape to the woman who is unable to bear your children anymore. I thought you said in the past that you want a huge family of our own—at least, five children?"

"You heartlessly divorce me just like that..." I snapped my fingers together, staring at her in disbelief. "...because you thought I would not want you any longer because you can't have babies anymore?"

"Yes." She answered flatly. "What else do you want from me then?"

I took an angry breath. "What about the fact that you are my wife and that I love you so much the fact that I couldn't live without you by my side. Why didn't you consider those factors?"

"Didn't you tell me in the past that you want to bring children into our marriage as soon as possible? Even your family is already putting pressure on my shoulder they kept on asking me if there's no baby yet. Why still choose to stay married when I cannot give you the heirs your family desperately wanted?"

"Why not stay married when you know that I love you so damn much." I countered heatedly, remembering those painful days when she left me. "Do you have any idea how it killed me seeing you walk away from our marriage—from our vows?"

She stared at me helplessly, her green eyes were swirling with emotions. She moistened her lips with the tip of her tongue. "B-But you agree with the divorce..."

"Because I ask you if divorcing you would make you happy. You answered yes, remember?" I practically shouted at her, recalling that agonizing day I was so excited to finally come home after a major crisis in Hawaii eager to see my wife after so long only to find her waiting for me with divorce paper in her hands. "I gave you what you wanted even if it kills me to let you go. Your happiness is my number one priority."