CHAPTER 12

Sapphire St. Clair's POV

I dreamt I was sleeping on the familiar bed where the sunlight crept through the open windows and the curtains danced with the light wind while the sound of waves crashing with the rocky cliff made me think I was in paradise. Except when I opened my eyes from my dreamless sleep there was no sunlight through the open windows only darkness and there was a male arm placed securely in my waist.

What the devil...I started, trying to move from our spooned position. I looked over my shoulder to find him soundly asleep next to me. I automatically check I still have my clothes on, thankfully I still wore my dress for the wedding and so did his.

When did he come here? Why I didn't notice him climbing on the bed and sleeping next to me? I was usually alert for this kind of matter. I silently groaned, this was all probably because of the stress I had experience recalling the past. I had fallen into a deep slumber that I hadn't realized he had joined me in the bed. He even smelled ouzo he must probably have been drinking while I went to bed a while ago.

I carefully shifted my position so I could face him. I tried not to wake him up in the process. Now lying in bed with him again our faces were only inches apart I had the chance to study his face again. How many times in the past that I had been doing this? The same set of strong eyebrows, thick long lashes, straight nose, chiseled jaw with a five o'clock shadow beard. His jet-black hair was tousled my hands were itched to run my fingers in his hair.

What am I doing? I asked myself silently. Why the heck I was studying his face again? It's not like we could go back to the way it was before. I tried to remove the arm around my waist but before I had the chance to get rid of it he only tightened his grip. "Where do you think you are going?"

My heart nearly stopped in my chest. Was he awake all this time? I could see his eyes glinting in the darkness. "H-Home..."

"This is your home." He said in his bedroom voice, my resolve nearly melted upon hearing it again.

"No!" I contradicted, trying to put some space between us. "Not anymore. Let me go! I am going home it's already late."

"You said yourself it's already late there is no water taxi to take you back to the city so it's safe to assume that you are stuck here until tomorrow morning."

I stared at him in horror. I don't think I like what he was implying here. I moistened my dry lips. "W-What about the wedding...? I am sure I could ask for a ride with the other guests that would go back to the city tonight."

I saw the smirk on his face before he placed his mouth in my ear and whispered something. "The party ended hours ago, agapiméni. Dionne and her husband are probably halfway to their honeymoon destination by now."

I glared at him as I put some distance between us on the bed. "Why didn't you wake me up, then?"

"I apologize. I fell asleep also."

My eyes narrowed in his direction. "You seem not sorry at all." Then it occurred to me like a lightning strike. "You plan this, aren't you? You deliberately plan this so I cannot leave the island."

This devil merely shrugged, his eyes became once again unreadable. "I will not confirm nor deny the accusation."

"You are a monster—!"

He surprised me when he suddenly flattened me on the bed with his hard body. "Did you think that I would let you go after everything that happened?"

"Yes."

"Well, think again."

I stared at him for a long moment. Even in the darkness of the room I still could see how devastatingly handsome he was. No wonder everywhere he goes females' eyes were trained to follow him. I scowled at myself, where the hell that thought come from? "I cannot think when you are this close to me get off me, you brute!"