CHAPTER 28

Sapphire St. Clair's POV

"You sure you don't want to go to the hospital?" It had been two days since we attended the party hosted by Spiro Vitalis since then I haven't felt the same way again.

"No!"

I heard Loukas sigh deeply as he stopped from tying his tie around his neck and stared at me exasperatingly. Here I am, curled in the bed once again I will not go to the office. I'd rather spend my day here in bed than anywhere else because the moment I even try to move an inch from this bed dizziness would strike again.

"Don't tell me this still has something to do with what you ate at the party." He accused irritatingly while glaring at me darkly. "It's been two days, for Pete's sake!"

"Ugh, don't be so annoying early this morning," I countered, pulling up the covers over my head. "Go now, talking to you makes me woozier."

"Sapphire..." He said with such measured breath he was keeping himself in check. "...this is a serious matter. You are making me nervous about this."

I pulled down the cover just enough to glare at him intensely. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me just go to the office now and leave me in peace."

"What's the deal between you and the doctors and why are you refusing to seek medical help? Do you want me to get crazy worrying about you? Are you happy to see me in such a state, agapiméni?"

I glowered at him but he didn't care about the dark stares he just continued to look at me with an equally gloomy look. Since I could not take his scowling gaze any longer I pulled up the covers back to my head to hide from him. "I'm fine, Loukas tomorrow I will go back to work I assure you."

"If you feel the same way tomorrow I will bring you to the doctor whether you like it or not," Loukas warned dangerously but I didn't bother to answer him since talking makes me feel sick. Even if, we're quarreling every morning for two days straight now he didn't leave for the office without kissing my head or at least the bedsheets covering me. "I'll leave now, don't you dare skip your breakfast again the housekeeper is under strict instruction to report to me if you don't eat again."

"Whatever."

I heard him sigh in resignation. "I hope that you will let me take decent care of you. As your husband that is what I failed to do in the past and I will not let it ever happen again."

After a moment, I heard the door closed behind me and I could feel that my vision blur under the blanket. I didn't mean to fight him with this but I just don't want him to worry about anything. I was sure that this was only because of stress with my demanding work at the company. Besides, the idea of going to the hospital was kind of repulsive to me it would be my worst nightmare coming back to the place where I lost everything.

The last time I went to the hospital was the time that I lost our baby since then I never bothered to step into one again.

Removing the covers from my head, I grumbled as I tried to sit on the massive bed. A very bad idea, I thought miserably as I felt the sudden surge of nausea that hit me. I instantly dashed to the bathroom and felt the urge to puke out.

Sweet mother of God, I thought helplessly as I slumped on the bathroom tiles. This was way more serious than I thought. I tried to wash away the bad taste in my mouth as I brushed my teeth and washed my face with cold water I stared at my reflection in the mirror and saw a woman that was not likely me. Pale face with dark circles under her eyes and there was a vulnerability in her.

What's wrong with me? I never experienced this kind of feeling since...

"Oh...no...no way!" I reminded my reflection in the mirror. "Y-you can't be...the doctor told you the harsh truth...there's no way..."