CHAPTER 16

Sapphire St. Clair's POV

Something woke me up from my sleep. I don't know exactly what was it, but I think it has probably something to do with the strong arms placed securely around my waist. My brain became alert instantly. I shot up from the bed and looked directly at the wall clock. Oh, no. I thought in dreadfulness.  My meeting!

I immediately slid out the bed and frantically searched for my discarded clothes. This was all this man's fault. I directed my disapproving gaze to the man soundly asleep on the bed. If he hadn't kept me awake last night with his lovemaking I would not be in a hurry today.

"Oh my God! My meeting." I muttered to myself as I took a quick shower in the en suite bathroom. This was probably the shortest bath I had ever done in my life. Still dripping wet from the shower I search for my office attire in the walk-in closet I shared with him. I need to prepare extra carefully today for my very important client.

I was halfway through when he was roused from his sleep. He sat up from the bed and stared at me with his still-sleepy eyes. I instantly avoided my gaze when his naked chest came into my full view. "What's with the morning rush, agapiméni?"

I threw a condemning look in his direction as I zipped my trousers. "My meeting!" I told him hotly. "If I don't hurry I will be late."

He glanced at the wall clock and slid back his gaze on me. "It's not even eight in the morning, my love. There's no need to hurry." He smiled invitingly in my direction as he patted the mattress beside him. "Come back to bed. We still have a few minutes before we start our day."

"No." I flat-out answered, fastening my earrings on my lobes. "This is all your fault. If you didn't keep me awake the whole night I would not be in such a hurry now."

The seductive devil was gone from his face instantly it was replaced by a man with disapproving eyebrows. "What is so important about this man that you are being agitated with your meeting with him?"

"What are you talking about?"

His intense eyes shot like daggers in my face. I don't think I like the accusing look he was giving me at the moment. "Have you seen that man before?"

I stopped and thought for a moment. Have I? "Yes, I believe I saw him in newspaper articles before but I have not met him in person."

"Then the reason for your nervousness has anything to do with his looks, correct?" He accused, his eyes were sharp like knives. "It was common knowledge that Nikos Pallis is a total flirt. He changes women as often he changes his shirt."

I rolled my eyes and stared at him in disbelief. "Well, in case you have been living under the rock for quite some time now please allow me to fill you in that the man in question recently got married and everyone believes that he was madly in love with his wife."

"Still," he said stubbornly, giving me a hard warning. "He might try to flirt with you and even cajole you to have liaison with him. Be careful with him. I will kill him with my bare hands if I learn that he wants to have an affair with you."

"Oh, that's rubbish!" I informed him dryly. "He will not do such a thing. I bet the reason for this meeting has something to do with his wife. I am sure he wants to buy jewelry for his lovely wife, Loukas."

"Always put your guard up when he's around." He stated, slid off the bed. I looked away when he unashamedly flaunted his naked body. "I am sorely tempted to gate-crash your meeting so I can assess the situation and give this man a warning."

I looked horrified at his words. "You will not do such a thing! I will not forgive you if you ever dare to do that. He is a very important client for our company. I don't want you to ruin my chances to prove to Daniel that I can take over the company once he retires."