CHAPTER 29

Sapphire St. Clair's POV

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He demanded as he strode inside the bathroom with a fuming determination.

I instinctively hid the test kits on my back as he made his way in my direction. "Nothing."

"What do you mean 'nothing'?" He demanded walking towards where I sat on the bathroom tile. Right now, he was fumingly mad at me for whatever reason he only knew.

I tried not to be cowed by his commanding presence as I was still trying to absorb the unexpected news I just learned moments ago. I scowled at him openly, silently praying that he hadn't noticed the pregnancy test kits I was holding before he barged in. "What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be at the office by now?"

"Damn right, I am already at the office." He answered ferociously, like a wild beast trapped in a small cage. "But I called the housekeeper to inquire if you had already eaten your breakfast but she told me that you had not eaten anything yet and my cousin Dionne visited you and after that, you locked yourself in the bathroom. Tell me, what kind of man will not worry when his wife is acting secretive lately."

"There's nothing to worry about, really," I mumbled softly avoiding his flinching stare. I stood from the bathroom tile and carefully put the test kits in my pocket. "You can go back to work, Loukas."

I was about to leave him in the bathroom when he grabbed my upper arm to stop me in my tracks. "The hell there's nothing wrong with you, Sapphire!"

"Let go of me!" I removed myself from his grip and went to the bedroom I shared with him. Right now, my heart was racing so fast and I didn't know what to do.

Loukas followed my tracks. As I expected he would not let this go easily. I still don't know if I have to tell him about the news I just learned but I don't want him to have hopes that this pregnancy would end on full term since there's something wrong with my body. I was prepared to fight him the whole day if that's what it takes so he would leave me in peace but he surprised me when he used a very calm tone when he spoke again. "What's wrong, Sapphire?"

"Nothing," I replied, avoiding his worried gaze.

I heard him sigh deeply as he loosened the tie around his neck and opened the first button of his shirt. "I know how your brain works as I know every inch of your body. I know when you are hiding something from me. What's there that you don't seem to trust me fully enough?"

"It's not like that..." I bit my lower lip as I saw the raw sadness in his eyes. "Loukas..."

"Then what's wrong?!" He demanded furiously, and by now anger vibrated in him. "I know you are hiding something from me. Since the party, you have been acting weird. Tell me, are you sick? Will you die soon that's why you are not telling me this?"

"No!" I answered he was not making this easy for me. "I am not going to die—or at least, maybe I am..."

"What?" Loukas paled visibly despite his tanned complexion. "Please tell me you are only joking."

"Loukas..."

"Tell me!" He commanded heatedly, he placed both of his hands in my arms and shook me to get the answer he wanted. "What the hell are you talking about?" It seemed that I couldn't contain it any longer and burst into tears. "Jesus..." I heard him curse hard as he pulled me securely in his arms and hugged me tightly. "Please, don't cry, my love..."

"I'm sorry," I muffled in his chest while crying uncontrollably.

"For what?" He asked calmly kissing the top of my head, his deep voice was now soothing calming my soul.