CHAPTER 30

Sapphire St. Clair's POV

"Will you just stop pacing around?" I asked irritably watching Loukas march around the hospital room with impatience. "You are making me more nervous than I already am."

He gave me a disapproving look as lay on the bed waiting for the perinatologist to come in for my first prenatal check-up. I was wearing a hospital gown while waiting for the doctor. "What took her so long to be here? I mean, we've been here for some time now. What if this is an emergency case? The patients have already expired before they even bothered to check on them."

I rolled my eyes at him. Seriously, despite the nervousness I have right now I couldn't keep up with his impatience. "Goodness, Loukas. I am not her only patient. Remember you choose her among any other obstetrician in the country because you said she specializes in high-risk pregnancy. I am sure that her other patients have the same history as me."

He just grunted and continued to stride in the small space we were in. If I didn't know better I would assume that he's more nervous than I am with our visit on the prenatal check-up. I had the chance to study him while he was pacing like a wild animal trapped in a cage. I think he hadn't slept well last night he was so worried about my pregnancy that even he insisted that we should make an appointment with the perinatologist as soon as possible.

I didn't have any idea what kind of force or influence he used that the woman who specialized in high-pregnancy managed to give us a slot today when I heard that patients need to wait at least for a few days if not a whole week before getting an appointment.

But what surprised me the most was the fact that he took a leave from the office for the whole week claiming that he needed to keep an eye on me I reassured him that I would be fine but he's not having any of it.

A light knock sounded on the doorway. We both turn around at the door when a uniformed nurse enters the room with a chart in her hand and some hospital tools. "I'm just going to get your personal information for the hospital records and I'm going to run some hospital procedures before Dr. Karalis arrives."

Loukas made snide comments under his breath and I pointedly looked at him sharply silently warning him to behave. "Your name, please." The kind nurse who ignored Loukas's remarks asked my name with a smile.

"Sapphire."

She lists down on the chart in her hand. "Surname?"

"St. Clair."

"Spiridakou." Loukas and I said in unison.

We both glared at each other about my surname part. How dare he give me that look when we both know that I am no longer using his name since we're legally separated. The last thing I wanted was confusion on my medical records.

"So what will I write down?" The confused nurse asked warily.

"St. Clair, please."

"Spiridakou." He pressed in. I could see the annoyance in his eyes that I didn't understand. I glowered at him for being impossible and a little bit immature in my opinion.

Ignoring his dark look, I pointedly looked at the waiting nurse and gave her a reassuring smile. "My surname is St. Clair."

"Sapphire!"

I gave him a stern expression. "We're legally separated, remember? I am just using my legal name and that is Sapphire St. Clair."

I couldn't miss the way the nurse interesting look she threw in our direction. However, she tried to act professionally but I could see the fascination she had with the little juicy details we were unwilling to share with her. "Okay," she said scribbling on the chart in her hand. "I will just write St. Clair on the surname."