CHAPTER 15

Loukas Spiridakou's POV

"Home sweet home," I said brightly once we arrived at my penthouse in Athens. Ironically, this was the same house I shared with her during our short-lived marriage.

Finally, I managed to convince her to move in with me again after learning the whole truth about why she suddenly asked for divorce two years ago. I always believed that she had enough of her workaholic husband that's why she wanted out it never occurred to me that there was more to the reason why she left me.

For the same reason, I want to help her forget that fateful day and start a new life with me. This time I would be here for her whenever she needs me. My lovely Sapphire had been through enough in this lifetime from suddenly losing both of her parents in a tragic car accident to losing our baby and welcoming the news that she can't bear children anymore alone—I certainly wish to God that I was there with her that time. I was away when she needed me the most but I promise that it would not happen again.

I noticed that she remained silent since we arrived, she was busy looking around inside the living room. She was probably comparing the changes in the penthouse since she left.

"Nothing has changed since I left," Sapphire said in awe as she looked around the modern living room. "I thought you immediately contacted your interior designer to change the look of this place the moment I left you."

I smiled enjoying her cute expression, I carefully dropped her luggage on the side as I looked around the living room overlooking the ocean. "I don't have time to do that. Besides, I like it just fine since my wife personally selects the furniture in this house."

I couldn't miss the blush that spread through her cheeks. That's when I realized that she's still the same—the woman who took my heart the moment we laid eyes on each other. "I have no idea that you feel that way."

"How can change the layout of this place when this is the only reminder I have from you?" I murmured deeply, remembering those nights coming back to this empty house without her made my heart ache with pain.

Silence filled the living room, the ocean outside was so calm. "I am sorry to cause you so much pain." I heard her muttered under her breath so softly I almost didn't catch her words. "Maybe if you just married a different girl from the start maybe you won't be saddled with a woman like me..."

I closed the distance between us in an instant. I held her shoulders tightly with my hands. There were times that I wanted to shake some sense in her until her insecurities would go away and this was one of them. "Stop saying that! I don't want any woman. Only you. When will you believe me, Sapphire?"

Self-doubt fitted her lovely eyes. "What if you are only saying that now? What if a few years from now you will want more? What if you realize that you want the thing that I cannot desperately give you, after all?"

I didn't have to ask what she meant when it was starkly clear what she was talking about. I took a deep breath as I looked at her calmly. "I thought I already made it clear to you that I don't care if you can't have children anymore. You are the only one that I want. You are my family. As long as I have you I don't need anything else."

"Loukas..."

I touched her cheek with my thumb affectionately. "If you want to have children then we can adopt or seek alternatives to have a baby of our own. Hell, if you want we can adopt dogs and cats."

"You have fur allergies." She reminded me harshly.

I gave her a disapproving look. "My point is, whatever you want I will be glad to give it to you as long as I can but please don't ever leave me again. I couldn't live without you and I hope you feel the same way about me."