ten.

cyrus knocked, and about a few seconds later, tj opened the door. "hey!" he smiled, letting him in.

cyrus walked in, and waited for tj to say what they were going to do.

"so, uh, cy, do you want to-"

before tj could finish his sentence, a younger girl came dashing down the stairs.

"ooh, teej! who's this?" she seemed to smirk.

she had shoulder length dirty blonde hair- a colour much like tj's- and was about 5'5. she had the brightest blue eyes you'd ever seen.

"maddie, this is cyrus. he's new, and we're friends, i guess." tj smiled. cyrus had never seen tj so sweet to anybody but him. "and cyrus, this is maddie, my little sister."

tj turned to the younger girl again. "is amber home?"

"no, she's still finishing up some stuff at school." maddie shrugged, and walking into the kitchen.

"school? is amber your other sister?" cyrus mused with a smile. "how old is she?"

"amber? yeah she's my other sister. she's in freshman year of college. she's older." tj explained, grabbing cyrus' hand and dragging him upstairs.

when the two were finally in tj's bedroom, they both flopped onto tj's bed. tj slipped his hand in cyrus'.

cyrus felt a smirk grow on his face. "i'm your friend, you guess?"

tj blushed. cyrus didn't think he'd ever seen him blush. "i'm not telling my younger sister just yet. she'd freak! she obsesses over every guy i date. i haven't told her about a single boyfriend since halfway theough sophomore year. she has a crush on some kid named brooks, though."

cyrus' eyebrows knit together. why did that name sound so familiar to him?

-

friday rolled along, and marty invited cyrus, jonah, andi and buffy to his house after school. andi and buffy weren't able to come, however, they had some biology project to do.

they walked there together, and when they got home, seemingly only marty's brother was home.

cyrus kicked up on the sofa next to jonah, and marty had his legs propped up on the table from the couch.

marty pulled put his phone. "so, how are you two? cyrus, the boy troubles?" he smirked, not looking up from his phone.

cyrus blushed. "they're not really boy troubles. more so, i like a guy and my friends don't like him troubles."

"i'm telling you, cy, kippen's bad news." jonah raised an eyebrow.

marty's brother popped into their conversation. "i'm sorry...did you say, kippen?"

marty finally looked up from his phone. "yes? why?"

"well uh, my crush is a kippen."

"i don't think you'd be able to date a college girl, brooks." marty chuckled.

that's when it hit cyrus.

maddie had a crush on marty's little brother.

of course, he couldn't pipe in and say 'oh, tj has another sister.' because they'd ask him how he knew. he'd either look stalkerish or they'd know the two had been hanging out.

"actually, there's three of them. maddie, tj and amber."

oh, thanks brooks.

"oh, so i'm guessing you like maddie, then." marty realized, and lost interest, looking back at his phone.

"yeah. i know she likes me too, but she doesn't wanna date me, because...her brother needed to see he didn't need to date left and right, so once he realizes that we're together." brooks explained, leaving cyrus stunned.

jonah looked at cyrus. "see? i told you. tj just uses dudes."

brooks turned to him as well. "woah, bro, you're gay?"

"uh, yeah." cyrus blushed.

"cool, because marty's t-" marty slapped his hand against brooks' mouth.

"shut up, brooklyn."

"anything for you, mary anne."