Chapter 9 - You're Looking at Me Like I Must Be Crazy

"Go have dinner with Grace and call me later." I told him before hanging up the phone. I knew that this was the end of their relationship, but I wasn't going to tell him that. I packed up my things and started home. This practice ended almost as soon as it started.

I sat in my room, wondering when Grace would come home and if Tyler would actually call me back. He seemed pretty upset with me when he called. I don't know why, I should be the one that's upset with him.

Grace came back later that night and grabbed a bag, "I'm going home for a few nights."

"Oh. Okay. Let me know if you need anything." I could tell be the look on her face that she didn't want to talk about it, so I didn't push it.

I sat on the couch staring at the black screen of the tv. I wanted to call Jamie. I wanted someone to talk to but I didn't really have the strength to pick up my phone and dial the number I needed to. They were broken up now. Shouldn't I be happy? Shouldn't I be glad that he could be mine now? But my best friend is hurting. How could I be so selfish?

Then there was a knock at the door. I slowly got off the couch and made my way to the door.

"Ty."

Before I could say another word, his hands were on my face, pulling me towards him. It didn't take long for me to give into his actions. We didn't need to talk, this was something we've both wanted to do for a while now. Something about this was so wrong, but it felt so right.

He picked me up and set me on the island, hands clutching my thighs. I knew that there I shouldn't be doing this. I should be worrying about worlds. Men never take presidence over dance. Ever.

But the way he was sucking on my neck made me forget every step I've danced in the past year. I weaved my hands into his hair, lightly tugging at it. He let a moan slip out of his throat. I started laughing when I imagined what Grace would say if she knew we were doing this in her beloved kitchen. It's not like we were having sex... Yet.

"What?" He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

"Nothing." I started to giggle again, "No really, it's nothing. Don't stop." I pulled him towards me until our lips collided once again.

I wanted to forget everything. Not just the pain that he had been putting me through, but the pain I put Jamie through. The fact that my personal life has been affecting the way I've been dancing. If I don't place in the top 10 at worlds, I might just break down. Let's be honest, I'm long overdue for one.

Right now, Tyler was doing a pretty good job at making me forget everything. Especially how to walk.

Normally I wasn't the kind of girl who slept with her best friend's ex right after they broke up. But technically I slept with him first so I threw that out the window. It's not like she was going to find out. I'm a horrible person but I deserve this.

"It means nothing, right?" I repeated his words as I pulled my sheets up to cover myself. He turned to me, confused.

"What?"

"You said everything was had before was nothing, so this means nothing, right?" After the high wore off, I was upset about the whole situation.

"No. Juliet, I want to be with you." He moved closer to me but I grabbed the blanket as I scooted off the bed and wrapped it around me.

"Then why the fuck would you tell Jamie that I wasn't worth it just a few hours ago?"

"What? He told you that?" Tyler propped himself up on his elbow, running a hand through his disheveled hair.