Chapter 12 - How About I Start by Saving You From Me

Five minutes.

Five minutes until Tyler and Grace would be here at Jamie's to pick us up. Nora, Vivian, and Sarah would meet us at the airport. My family was flying directly to Boston and would be there before we left Atlanta. I went through my dance bag to make sure I had everything I needed. I didn't care about my suitcase. If I forgot any clothes I could either borrow some or buy new ones. My mom would most likely want to go shopping so it's not like she wouldn't gladly buy me a new wardrobe. Which reminds me, I need to donate like half of my closet. Again.

Four minutes.

At four minutes, Jamie was trying to make me eat the eggs he had made. I refused. The smell was making me nauseous. I ate a little of the sausage, though. He still wanted me to eat more because it was going to be a long day. Dallas to Atlanta to Boston. With a 4 hour layover.

Three minutes.

At three minutes I was regretting the food I had just eaten as I rechecked my bag for my hard shoes, soft shoes, socks, sock glue, my wig, head band, kick pants, and bobby pins. Lots and lots of bobby pins.

Two minutes.

"Juliet, please eat some more. You can't just get through this flight on a few pieces of sausage."

"Fine. I'll eat a banana too." I tore one from the group and started to peel it.

He rolled his eyes and sighed, "That's not what I meant."

"That's what's going to happen. I promise I'll eat a good lunch and we're all going out for a fancy dinner and I'll get a steak. Cause holy fuck have I been craving one."

One minute.

At one minute, and mid banana, I was making my way to the bathroom, trying to beat the stomach contents to the toilet.

They're here.

Jamie brought everything down to Tyler's vehicle, except for my dress bag, while I finished my morning routine and brushed my teeth. Again. My mom said her morning sickness only lasted halfway into the second trimester. Something tells me I won't be that lucky.

"Juliet, it's time to go. Are you alright?"

I splashed some water on my face and grabbed my toiletry bag then opened the door. "Yeah, perfect." I smiled and went to grab my dress bag. In the back of my mind, I knew this dress was going to be perfect for me. I designed it and all, with help from Gavin of course. He said it was going to be perfect to make a lasting impression. This is the first time I've ever doubted him. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

That seemed to be all I've been hearing lately, is that I'm perfect.

Perfect girls don't get pregnant with their best friend's boyfriend. In my defense, they weren't together when Tiny Human was conceived.

Tyler's driving through morning rush hour only made things worse. I ran out of the car and found the nearest garbage can once we got to the parking lot.

"What's wrong with her?" I could hear Tyler ask Jamie. Grace was completely oblivious to the fact that I was puking in an airport parking lot. Apparently she just wanted to find the rest of our group.

"Nerves."

I stuck the travel sized toothpaste in my dance bag with everything that I could possibly need on the plane. Everyone looked at me kind of funny. If they only knew.

Everyone seemed to be wide awake except for me. I was nodding off as we waited to board the plane. I watched Jamie play some game on his phone while the other girls giggled at something Sarah said. From the little that I heard, it was about the hockey player she still hasn't told us about.