A backstory...

"A long time ago, when I was just a teenager like you two, I was the beholder of the mother miraculous. At that time, there were no Ladybug or Cat Noir. These miraculous were only awaken in times when the akumas are wrongly used.
But, I didn't need to use the akumas to create super villains. I used them to create heroes in need of times. But not superheroes.
Superheroes are different from heroes. They are permanent for a period of time. Whereas heroes are created temporarily to assist the superheroes.
I kept on using my powers for good purposes and thought myself to be the only superhero in Paris. Until one day, I met her.
Emilie.
She was the beholder of the peacock miraculous. Of course I did not know that first. She had so much courage that I was always left speechless. I can say she was way stronger than me. I used to akumatize people and make them fight for me while she herself fought against a villain, which unfortunately, was a miraculous holder.
The Ladybug miraculous holder.
Alas, it was given in wrong hands. The Ladybug miraculous holder, Lily, which I believe, is Lila's older sister.
She somehow ended up with the Ladybug miraculous and used it fir evil purposes and also revealed her identity to gain publicity.
We fought her and tried our best. But a Ladybug miraculous is the most powerful miraculous and we could do nothing.
I admired Emilie's superhero form, which made me fall in love with her and ignored the real Emilie, who was my partner in fashion Designing classes in high school.
Emilie used to have a crush on Gabriel Agreste, while Gabriel Agreste, who was Hawkmoth, loved Le Paon, the alter ego of Emilie Agreste.
When we finally defeated Lady Luck, the name of the ladybug miraculous holder, with the help of the cat miraculous holder, Chat Noir, we revealed our identities.
I must admit, We were a bit shocked. And laughed heartily at not realizing it sooner.
Guess love really makes you blind." He snickers at the thought of it.

"Dad, you couldn't be more oblivious." I heard Adrien speaking.
I giggled.
"Oh, yeah, look whose talking!" I smirked.

"Hey!" He pouted again, making that cute face.

"Umm, Adrien, you know for a fact that transformation drains the energy of the kwamis, right?" I asked.
He nodded in response.
"Then why don't you detransform so that Tikki may refill her energy." I suggested, well, more like ordered. Umm, you know how it works.
He detranformed without hesitation and I hugged Tikki as soon as he did so.
"Ahem, continuing on... As people say, two people fall in love, get married and then happily ever after.... Well, that's not what happened. We continued being superheroes, saving Paris from thieves and assisted police, sometimes even working as undercover agents. After an year of our marriage, Adrien was born. We were very happy, who wouldn't be? We loved him dearly and allowed friends to play with him. But suddenly, one day, when we were out camping, Adrien, while playing in his mother's arms, dropped the peacock miraculous, which was a brooch. Unfortunately, the miraculous fell in the campfire.
We saved it and it didn't get broken, but it was damaged.
Emilie still used it. And after every use of the miraculous, her health became worse. She coughed and coughed continuously, and one day, fell into a coma. And since then, I became Hawkmoth, the evil one, I did not want to do this. I needed those miraculous to revive my wife.
And that is why I had Evillized so many people just to get my hands on those miraculous." He said.
I could see pain in his eyes and looked at Adrien, who had his eyes glued on the floor.

"And as per the 'nephew' part Adrien, Emilie and I are cousins, before she fell in a coma, she had told me that if ever something happened to her, I should take care of you just like a mother. I am sorry Adrien, I would never be able to love you like Emilie did. No one can take her place." Nathalie sighed.

And I looked at the coffin which was now,

EMPTY!?

ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER!  I LOVE THOSE.