Chapter 16

"I swear to God if we see Stan again today I'm gonna-"

"Harry, baby. Calm down. We'll talk about Stan when Darcy's not in the car." Louis cuts me off to whisper. I turn to see our daughter staring out the window, smiling as the world passes by. I'm jealous of her love for the world sometimes.

"Sorry." I say and Louis grabs my hand. We pull up to Darcy's school. Second day.

We all get out of the car. I grab Darcy's backpack and Louis gets her unbuckled from her car seat.

I put her bag on and pick her up to hug her.

"Bye my sweet girl! Have an amazing day, okay?" I say and then hand her over to Louis.

"By my darling. Be good, okay?" Louis says and she nods.

"I love you!" I say

"Well I love you more!" Louis says.

"Well I love both of you the most!" Darcy says and we have a group hug before she runs off to get in line to walk into school.

That whole 'i love you' thing we do started when she could first talk. Louis and I would say our parts and one day, Darcy just said the last part out of nowhere. And now it's kind of our special thing.

"You two are repulsive." We turn to see Stan standing there of course.

"Listen, Stan. This isn't highschool. You need to leave us alone." I say and he raises his eyebrows.

"Oh I know this isn't highschool. But I still don't want your vile ways to corrupt my son." He says and Louis steps forward.

"Stan. We're not kidding. Leave me and my family alone, otherwise we'll report you to the district saying that you two are rasing a bully. Because it's only been a day and I've heard the things that your son says to other kids. Like father like son I suppose." Louis says. He grabs my hand and we walk to our car.

A while after we get home, we get a call from the school.

"Hello?" I say, answering the call and putting it on speaker for Louis to hear.

Hi this is Darby Hayden, the school counselor. You are the parent or guardian of miss Darcy Tomlinson, correct?

"Yes, that would be us. What happened? Is Darcy okay?"

Darcy came to me this afternoon saying that a peer in her class was bullying her today. We would appreciate it if you could come up to the school and talk with me about it.

"Of course, we'll be right there." I say and we both hang up.

We drive to the school in complete silence. I was afriad this was going to happen. My biggest fear has always been that Darcy will have to go through what I had to go through.

We reach the front desk and a lady wearing reading glasses looks up at us.

"How may I help you?"

"We're here to speak with Darby Hayden? She called us a little bit ago and she asked us to come and speak with her." Louis says and the lady nods, then picks up the phone.

She's obviously calling Darby because she says "you're visitors are here". After a moment of silence, the secretary hangs up.

"Mrs. Hayden's room is down the hall to the right. Knock before going in, please."

"Thank you." I say and Louis and I walk down the hall until we come upon a room that says "Mrs. Hayden" on it. I knock and we hear a quiet "Come in". We walk into the small room to see a younger looking woman. Her sandy blonde hair pulled back into a messy ponytail.