It Was Nice Knowing Ya

The two girls were sitting opposite each other on the beds constipating, on what they will do if they did get kicked out. Yet their thoughts were distracted by repetitive kicking caused by AJ. "Aj stop you'll break your toe or something." However, that didn't stop him from continuing kicking the wall. "Come here sit down." She tried to calm the toddler. "No!" He turned around. "I-It didn't work. I did what you said and they didn't even care, Marion was bad I tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen at all."

"Aj breath, remember what we do when we're mad?" That didn't help and he continued. "C' mon you don't wanna be loud, do you?" She tried again.

While that was happening there where many thoughts running through Y/n head. What will happen if we do get thrown out? What are we gonna do without a car? Or how will we service with no supplies and three mouths to feed? Her thoughts quickly jumped to the blond she grew close to these past two days. And the thought of leaving gave her a sinking feeling in her stomach. 

"You're still mad huh?" Clem says after Aj took a few deep breaths. "And I think I'm sad too." Aj looks down. Y/n continues to watch as the two sat down on the opposite bed and side hugged. "I did what you told me to do." He said again. "I know you're a good listener." Clem praised. "I wanted to show them I was right like you said, it didn't work. Why did you tell me to do that if it didn't work?" 

"I thought they would listen to us. I didn't realise. I... Didn't know how bad it would be. It's my fault they got angry." Clementine explained. "But they hate me they don't hate you." "I think they hate all of us at this point." Y/n lightly chuckled trying to lighten the mood up a little. "I don't wanna go." Aj said.  "I know you don't." "I like knowing where we are all the time. The bed, the food. I like the other kids. Not all of them, but Tenn and Louis and Violet." He told. "We'll be ok, no matter what will happen next." As soon as those words left Y/n mouth the trio heard a knock on the door. 

It then opened, Louis and Violet walked in we stood up from the beds waiting for the news. "We took the vote. You have to leave." Violet says looking sadly at the ground. Y/n and Clem silently accepted the outcome of the vote but Aj didn't wanna give up. "Don't we get to vote? I vote that we stay." Louis shook his head. "That's not how it works." Aj scrunched his face in sadness. "Maybe it should be." Violet turned to Louis trying her hardest to make things work out in favour of the trio standing in front of them. "You don't have to like it." Louis argued back. "Good cause I don't." Vi shot back. "Fine, we get it." Clem started. "We'll survive with your decision." Y/n also added. Violet looked Y/n dead in the eyes first they showed slight sadness that turned into anger making Y/n want to shink into none existence. "Seriously, that's it? You know this is fucking wrong and you're not gonna fight it at all?" 

"There is no point in fighting what has already been decided." Y/n replied. "Yes, we have decided." Y/n and Clem quickly shot Louis a look at the unwanted comment. "So fucking stupid." Violet whispered underneath her breath while crossing her arms. "You said you'd go along with it, if we voted fairly." Louis angerly pointed his finger at her. "It's bullshit, and you'd know if you weren't so used to burying your head in the sand." Snapped at him. "Oh, I'm burying my head in the sand? Hate Marlon all you want, but you can't tell me Aj isn't dangerous too." 

Aj who was silently fiddling with his fingers looked up at Louis in pure sadness and disbelief. Everyone stayed silent for a few seconds before Violet began to talk again. "We'll wait for you to pack up, then Louis and I'll escort you out past the safe zone. We'll make sure you get to the road safely. It's not a lot but at least you won't die on the way." Thanks for making sure that we--" Clem was interrupted by Aj. "No don't thank them, It-It's their fault we gotta leave! They're gonna get rid of us!" Aj argued. "Get him under control." I roll my eyes as Clem tries to calm him down. "Where's Tenn? I gotta say goodbye." Aj asked more relaxed. "He was really upset about the vote, and he's not talking to anybody, It's best to leave him alone when he is like this, but... for the record he wanted you to stay." Violet explained. 

"Wait..." Louis snapped out of his thoughts. "Does Aj still have the gun?" he questioned. Aj took out his gun giving him the answer. "Hand it over?" Louis said reaching his hand out. " Y/n raised an eyebrow. Is this fucker serious right now?  "Is this necessary?" Violet asked in frustration. "Hell yes, it's necessary. I'm not walking out the woods with him holding that thing." 

"It's your's Aj, you should keep it." Louis glared at Clem pulling his hand away. "It's mine I need it for monsters." Aj said hiding the gun behind his back. "If I thought you were only gonna use it on monsters then I wouldn't be so worried abo--." this comment made Y/n snap. "Cut the bullshit Louis and let's just go, I'm losing brain cells listening to you." Y/n grumbled picking up one of the two backpacks and leaving the room. As they walked out of the dorms their gaze shifted to Y/n standing at the gate staring outside of it. 

The group made its way through the woods. The three were walking just a few feet ahead of Louis and Violet who were holding out their weapons just in case. "Will we get another car?" Aj wondered. "Probably not we got lucky before." Clem replied. "So we're walking." Aj concluded in with an annoyed face. "My shoes are gonna break." He said examining his shoe while walking. "We'll figure something out." Y/n says while thinking of where they are gonna head next. "My feet are gonna bleed again. "We'll rip up a shirt and tie them." Clementine quickly improvises a solution. "It's not so bad." Louis butts in. Y/n turned and glared over her shoulder. "I mean you've done this before." He tries to explain himself.  "But it doesn't mean it gets easier." Y/n stated. "You lived inside the walls your whole life. You have no fucking idea what it's like out there." Clem adds. 

Violet sighed walking up to Y/n putting the arrow away and reaching for something else. "I've got something for your photo book thing... I know it's not that great but something to remember us by." Violet shyly hands the girl a badge. "One of my old badges, I may or may not have found it on a walker." She jocked. "Um thanks, you look amazing- I-I mean it-it looks amazing." Y/n nervously chuckles and mentally facepalms herself for such stupidity. Violet also laughed making Y/n face redden even more than it already was. But her laugh comes to an end when they reach the end of the safe zone. 

"Were here. The road's that way." Violet points to her left. "Anything you wanna say before we go?" She turned to Louis. "I've said plenty."

Y/n made her way to Clem and Aj. "Thanks for trying to keep us." Aj thanked her. "You're welcome. I wish you could stay. I didn't want this." Vi gave him a sad look. "Well anyway, it was nice knowing ya." Y/n gave blondie a bright smile. "Yeah... Goodbye." Violet walked off. "Still got that gun?" Louis turned to Aj who took it out showing him he does. "Just try to be more careful with it, Ok?" "I will."Then Lou walked off as well catching up with Violet.