when the dead walk

just gonna quickly say that in this one brody and marlon are not dead. ok cool now onto the story

louis P.O.V

I laughed as clem got frustrated. she is always so adorable when she gets mad. "don't worry, youll get it eventually. it took me years to get it right." clem huffed as she turned around. she was sat between my legs on the stool of the piano as I tried to teach her how to play. "I wont Lou. ill never get it right. she looked rather sad, as though she was desperate to learn. "hey its alright, you don't have to get it right today. like I said, it took me years to be able to play as well as I do now. here, lets try it at a different approach. you play guitar, right?"

she nodded cautiously. "well, how about we do a duet, you on the guitar, me on the piano. we could even force violet in here to sing and Aasim plays the drums too, I'm sure we have some in the store room. we could make a band!" her honey eyes lit up at the idea "yeah! that would be so much fun. I'll go grab my guitar and get vi and Aasim. you get out the drums." she ran out the room. I chucked. id never seen her this exited, other than when we first kissed. I sighed, tracing the carved shape of our initials on the piano. I loved to think back about it, and the memory always brings a smile to my face. I stood up and walked over to the store room next to the music room, and in there was an assortment of instruments. from clarinets, to violins, to guitars. Clem had her own, so I didn't bother with that, but I started to haul the bass drum out of the room, and shit it was heavy.

by the time I finished moving all the drums, Clem had come back with violet Aasim and ruby. "I brought ruby too because she can play woodwind." Clem smiled at me. I smiled back and nodded, out of breath "set those- up how- you want- Aasim" I said breathlessly motioning to the drums. he grinned and started to move them around until he was happy. he disappeared into the store room for a second before coming back holding a few stools, and a box. he sets them on the floor "the box has got sheet music in it. and the stools are so us three have something to sit on." we all nodded and thanked him as ruby then walked into the storeroom. I laughed slightly and motioned Clem over. "what is it?" she smiled. I just wordlessly pressed my lips against hers, earning a gently sigh of compassion from clementine, and a groan from Aasim "god you guys! quit it!" I heard a small shuffle as Clem moved her hand off my arm, undoubtedly to flip Aasim off. I laughed against her lips and pulled away. at that precise moment, ruby walked back in holding a clarinet and some sort of strap. she held the strap out to Clem, who took it with a smile. I looked at her, confused. "its used to attach the guitar so I don't have to hold it."

"makes sense"

as soon as everything was set up, I started to rummage through the sheet music until I found the folder I was looking for. "aha" it was for the song me and Minnie wrote. we wrote up sheet music with the help of everyone for all the instruments that could be played, so we could all play it together. I handed out the individual papers to everyone as we all say down and began to play. I only realise now just how good violet actually is at singing. what surprised me more though, is that Clem started to sing too, their voices blending together perfectly

"never mind the darkness

never mind the storm

never mind the blood red moon

the night will be over soon

brush away the sorrow

brush away the tears

sing away your heavy heart

the night will be over soon

for every night goes quiet

and every moon grows blue

beyond the dark comes something new

the sun will be rising soon

the sun will be rising soon."

(yes I did memorise the lyrics I just love the song. im sad you cant find it on spotify but whatever)

I finished playing the piano and looked towards the others, who were smiling. "guys that was great. we should hold a performance for the others." Clem looked at me and grinned "first, we need a name for the band. what should we be called?" she pondered for a second, before violet spoke "how about, when the dead walk?" everyone hummed or nodded in agreement.

I went out to call everyone to the music room, when Omar stopped me. "dude, I hate to tell you this, but we don't need a band, we have bigger shit to worry about." I shook my head. "omar, answer me this. what's the point in being alive, if your not actually living? what's the point in surviving if your not having fun?" he just stared at me, clearly won over, before following to the others to the admin building. I frowned. I hate when people don't see that there is nothing to be alive for if nothing is enjoyable. there's no point being around if there's nothing to be around for. personally, I have a lot to be around for. the biggest thing, Clem and AJ. me and Clem had gotten married last summer, in the music room, and I had basically adopted AJ as my own son. I loved him like what a father would his kid, and I know Clem did too. I loved them both with everything I had, and I would do anything to make them both happy.

I smiled at the though of my family before heading to the music room

this one is awful, yes I know, but im not feeling too great so ive been a little out of it.

L.A.C.B

1048 words