Vampire crush - Larry Stylinson - Book 2 - Chapter 17

Harry pov

We ate in silence. Marta looked like she had a glint in her eye and it freaked me out. It bothered me that she had picked Josh. Josh was an absolute good guy, it wasn't that. But he must be so sad because of this, and some people do stupid thing when they are sad, jealous or angry.

And Katherine's stone was gone. We may be trapped here forever. But it's weird for it to just disappear like that. I trust Katherine so I don't think she have done anything to it. She looked terrified when she didn't find it.

There was something that really wasn't right here, but I couldn't figure out what.

Josh pov

After we'd eaten Martha asked me to follow her. The others looked worry; I bet they didn't like the fact that I was the one to see Zayn. On one side I didn't like it either, but on the other, I have a plan.

Marta didn't speak; she just led me through halls and up many stars. Zayn was apparently near the top floor. After walking a little more she stopped outside a door, found the key and unlocked it. 

The room was very clean. There was a desk with one book on it, a shelf with some rubs and other stuff and a bed with someone laying on it. 

"That's Zayn" Marta said.

I walked to the bed and looked at the guy. He was beautiful. Just judging by the looks I could understand that Liam loved this guy. No, love this guy.

I was jealous, of course. Even though we are not mates or anything like that, I love Liam with all of my heart. And it hurt to know that he is waiting for another man.

"Is he okey?" I asked.

"Yes he is. He will wake up maybe tonight but not later than tomorrow" Marta said.

I looked a little closer, and I could see Zayns chest move up and down. It was weak but at least he is alive.

"Aren't you jealous? Marta suddenly said.

"What" I turned and looked at her.

"Aren't you jealous of Zayn. He will soon be back and then you can just say good bye to you little Liam" Marta smirked.

"Liam's happiness is what matters the most to me, so I'm not going to force him to be with me" I answered, but she ignored.

"You know, I could make an offer to you" she took a step closer to me.

"No offer could be good enough" I answered in a harsh tone.

 "I think you should shut your mouth and hear the offer" she took another step towards me. I couldn't step back so I stepped a little to the side.

"We could say that the reincarnation failed. I kill Zayn, but make it look like the magic didn't work. And if you play your cards right Liam could never leave you"

I looked at Zayns body. I wanted to be with Liam. I really do. But I don't know if I could be able to do it this way.

"What do you say?" Marta asked.
I couldn’t answer right away. It sounded like an offer that could work, I could be with my liam. My heart said yes, but then again there was something inside my head that was figting against.
I looked at zayn one more time.

"No. Liam deserves to be happy" I said.

"Well, the only problem is that I'm not going to let Zayn live anyway, I just thought you maybe wanted to come good out of it, but I guess not" Marta said. Marta began to mumble a spell and the electric lights began to take shape in her hands.

"No you can't do this!" I took a step towards her.

"Don't step in my way Josh, or else I kill you too!" Marta said. She lifted her hands over her head and her words got stronger. Then she threw the streak that would kill Zayn.

Everything went in slow motion.

So many things were happening inside my head in a very short time. If I let her kill zayn I could be with Liam. That was what my heart told me.

But he would be happy. I heard a little voice in the back of my head and that was it.

I began to run between them while I pulled up Katherine's stone from my pocket. I love Liam, that's why I'm willing to offer our relationship form his happiness. 

I held the stone in front of me just as the bolt hit me. All I could see was a bright light. The light faded down until it was all inside the stone, then it shot out with just as big speed as Marta had sent it with.

Marta could react or understand what was happening before the lightning hit her. 

She screamed. Her body began to crumble up to dust, and so did the stone.

I fell down on my knees as I was breathing heavy.

What just happened? Did I just kill Marta?  Is it over? Did I just voluntary give Liam away?

I was lost in my thoughts when the door flung up and Louis, Harry and Niall stood in the door.

"What happened we heard a scream?!" Louis asked.

I couldn't say anything I just looked at the pile of ash.

"Is that Zayn?" Niall asked. He walked over to Zayns bed and almost jumped in happiness.

"I took the stone, and used it on her" I said

"You did what?" Louis asked

"I did it because I thought it would help" I said. My heart felt broken but at the same time I knew I had done the right thing.